Paleo Banana Nut Muffins
Paleo banana nut muffins make for a healthy way to start the day. They’re light and fluffy, moist and delicious, gluten-free and dairy-free. These paleo banana muffins are easy to make (only takes one bowl) and will quickly disappear before your eyes.
Paleo Banana Muffins
Friends, I feel like this is a bit of a cheater recipe. In all honesty, it’s simply my Paleo Banana Bread recipe plus chopped nuts and baked in a muffin tin rather than a loaf pan. But sometimes a muffin is just more convenient, don’t you agree?
My Paleo Banana Bread recipe has been a reader favorite for several years so I knew I didn’t have to do much tweaking with that recipe.
Not surprising, these Paleo Banana Nut Muffins have proven to be just as delicious as my banana bread. And bonus – they’re even easier and faster to make.
One thing you’ll probably notice right off the bat as well is that they’re light, fluffy and raised up. They’re not dense and flat on top, like most paleo banana muffin recipes. Yet, they’re still incredibly moist on the inside.
Paleo Banana Muffins – with or without Nuts
This is a simple paleo banana muffin recipe and you can choose to make it with or without chopped nuts. I used a combination of walnuts and pecans in this recipe, but you can choose one or the other or forgo nuts altogether. You could even add in chocolate chips for a sweeter treat.
How to Make Paleo Banana Nut Muffins
I love that this is an easy one bowl recipe and comes together fast. Just add all of the ingredients – mashed bananas, almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, eggs and butter (or coconut oil), honey and vanilla extract to a bowl.
Use a hand blender to blend everything together for about 30 seconds until you’ve got a lovely batter, then stir in the nuts. Seperate the batter evenly between a 12 muffin-pan and sprinkle a little extra chopped nuts on top to make them extra nutty.
Pop the muffin pan in your 350 degree fahrenheit oven and bake for 22-25 minutes or until the top is just slightly golden. Let them cool for a minute (if you can wait that long), then enjoy!
More Paleo Quickbread & Muffin Recipes You’ll Love
Paleo Banana Nut Muffins
- 2-3 ripe bananas, approx 1 1/4 cups mashed
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, with extra for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a mixing bowl. Add all of the other ingredients to the mixing bowl, except the nuts.
- Use a hand mixer on medium speed to blend all the ingredients together for 30 seconds. Add the chopped nuts and stir together.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cups and evenly divide the batter between 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle a little extra chopped nuts on top.
- Bake the muffins for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and they're lightly golden on top.
- Make sure to use super fine almond flour for the best texture. This is the brand I use.