Paleo Pumpkin Bread
This Paleo Pumpkin Bread recipe is a staple for the holidays. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, extremely moist, deliciously spiced and smells amazing coming out of the oven. It’s a one-bowl, no-fail recipe that you’ll make again and again.
Are you ready for the best paleo pumpkin bread recipe? Then keep reading, because this is it. I promise.
I rarely have recipes turn out perfect on first attempt, but this paleo pumpkin bread recipe did just that. Want to know why? Because it’s a modified version of my Paleo Zucchini Bread and Paleo Banana Bread – recipes that always turn out amazing and are reader favorites. In other words, I’ve got a pretty good paleo bread formula going on here.
Paleo Pumpkin Bread Recipe Video
This recipe is easy to make and pretty foolproof, but it always helps to watch a quick step-by-step tutorial video. Give it a watch below!
Paleo Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
The base on this paleo pumpkin bread recipe stays the same as my previous quick bread recipes – almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, butter (or coconut oil) and vanilla extract.
But instead of mashed bananas we’ll used organic canned pumpkin and instead of honey we’ll use maple syrup. Then, we’ll add a good amount of pumpkin spice and call it a day.
The best part about this recipe is that it only takes one bowl. Just add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and use a hand mixer to quickly blend everything together. Pour it into your loaf pan (you can get fancy with this loaf pan) and place it in the oven. Super easy.
When it comes out of the oven your kitchen will smell divine. And needless to say, it’s the perfect breakfast bread to serve up for Thanksgiving. Or any fall weekend.
How to Serve This Bread
I top my Paleo Pumpkin Bread with a little sprinkle of homemade powdered sugar to finish it off, but that step is purely optional.
If You Love Pumpkin Recipes…
Make sure to check out my other healthy pumpkin recipes. I have several delicious options including:
Best Paleo Pumpkin Bread
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper. If using a special loaf pan (as I am), see notes below.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and blend together with a hand mixer on medium speed until just combined.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan and cook for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- The first time I used this beautiful Nordic Ware Anniversary Loaf Pan I greased the inside with ghee and my pumpkin bread stuck to it.
- The second time I greased the loaf pan with solid organic palm shortening and used a pastry brush to get into all the crevices. Then, I floured with tapioca flour and shook out the excess. I let the pumpkin bread cool completely in the pan and it released easily.
- If using a fancy mold pan, tap it on the counter a few times to remove all air bubbles as well, to ensure the mold details show through.