Paleo Zucchini Bread
This paleo zucchini bread is delicious, moist and flavorful. And unlike most paleo zucchini bread recipes, it’s not overly dense. It’s a tasty way to use up all your in season zucchini and give a nutrient boost to bread.
When it’s zucchini season it’s an absolute must to whip up a loaf of this paleo zucchini bread. It’s gluten-free and grain-free, using my usual triumvirate of flours (almond flour, tapioca flour and coconut flour) for the perfect texture. And if there’s any doubts on why three flours are necessary, just read all the comments on my reader favorite paleo chocolate cake recipe.
This paleo zucchini bread is virtually identical to my gluten-free zucchini bread recipe, but so many readers didn’t realize that recipe was also paleo-friendly, so I’ve posted this updated version today (with just a few minor tweaks).
For this paleo zucchini bread recipe I’ve kept kept the maple syrup to a minimum. That means you could easily use this recipe for both sweet and savory options. But if you’d like a sweeter bread, you could certainly increase the maple syrup by 1-2 tablespoons. And make sure you read my tip below on how to make this quickbread recipe (which also includes my paleo banana bread and paleo pumpkin bread recipes) as light and fluffy as possible.
Hopefully the video (coming next week) will inspire you with a few ways to get creative with your paleo zucchini bread recipe. Of course you can eat it plain or top it with butter. But you can also top it with a variety of other ingredients for a delicious, healthy and creative breakfast or lunch option. Enjoy!
More Delicious Zucchini Recipes:
- Baked Zucchini Fries
- Zucchini Pasta with Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Zucchini Noodle Caprese
- Zucchini and Prosciutto Egg Muffins
Paleo Zucchini Bread
This super moist paleo zucchini bread recipe is made with almond flour, tapioca flour and coconut flour. It’s gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and extremely delicious.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs (*see note below)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, applesauce and maple syrup and whisk together. Squeeze the grated zucchini in a nut milk bag or kitchen towel to remove the excess water. Then add the grated zucchini to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until the batter is well mixed. Pour the batter into a greased 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake the zucchini bread for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Quickbreads like this zucchini bread recipe are naturally dense breads, but more so when they’re gluten-free and grain-free. You can give them a little more lift and volume by separating the eggs. Add the egg yolks into the bowl of wet ingredients and whisk as instructed above. Then, in a separate bowl use an electric hand mixer to beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold in the egg whites right before you pour the batter into the loaf pan. You can watch me do this on the video above.
Yield: 1 loaf, Serving Size: 1 slice (12 slices in the loaf)
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 144.2
- Total Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 46.6mg
- Sodium: 123mg
- Carbohydrates: 12.9g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Protein: 5.2g
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see!
Tag @downshiftology on Instagram and hashtag it #downshiftology.