Paleo Zucchini Bread
This paleo zucchini bread is delicious, moist and flavorful. And unlike most paleo zucchini bread recipes, it’s not overly dense. It’s a tasty way to use up all your in season zucchini and give a nutrient boost to bread.
When it’s zucchini season it’s an absolute must to whip up a loaf of this paleo zucchini bread. It’s gluten-free and grain-free, using my usual triumvirate of flours (almond flour, tapioca flour and coconut flour) for the perfect texture. And if there’s any doubts on why three flours are necessary, just read all the comments on my reader favorite paleo chocolate cake recipe.
This paleo zucchini bread is virtually identical to my gluten-free zucchini bread recipe, but so many readers didn’t realize that recipe was also paleo-friendly, so I’ve posted this updated version today (with just a few minor tweaks).
For this paleo zucchini bread recipe I’ve kept kept the maple syrup to a minimum. That means you could easily use this recipe for both sweet and savory options. But if you’d like a sweeter bread, you could certainly increase the maple syrup by 1-2 tablespoons. This is a quickbread recipe (similar to my paleo banana bread and paleo pumpkin bread recipes) so it will naturally be a thicker bread than sandwich bread.
On my Summer Meal Prep video I show you a few ways to get creative with your paleo zucchini bread recipe. Of course you can eat it plain or top it with butter. But you can also top it with a variety of other ingredients for a delicious, healthy and creative breakfast or lunch option. Enjoy!
More Delicious Zucchini Recipes:
- Baked Zucchini Fries
- Zucchini Pasta with Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Zucchini Noodle Caprese
- Zucchini and Prosciutto Egg Muffins
Watch this Quick Video of my Paleo Zucchini Bread Recipe:
And subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly cooking videos!
Paleo Zucchini Bread
This super moist paleo zucchini bread recipe is made with almond flour, tapioca flour and coconut flour. It’s gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and extremely delicious.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs, applesauce and maple syrup and whisk together. Squeeze the grated zucchini in a nut milk bag or kitchen towel to remove the excess water. Then add the grated zucchini to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until the batter is well mixed. Pour the batter into a greased 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake the zucchini bread for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- This is the nut milk bag I use to squeeze the zucchini and I love it. It’s great for homemade almond milk as well.
Yield: 1 loaf, Serving Size: 1 slice (12 slices in the loaf)
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 144.2
- Total Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 46.6mg
- Sodium: 123mg
- Carbohydrates: 12.9g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Protein: 5.2g
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see!
Tag @downshiftology on Instagram and hashtag it #downshiftology.