Paleo Zucchini Bread
Paleo zucchini bread is delicious, moist and flavorful. And unlike most paleo zucchini bread recipes, it’s not overly dense. It’s a tasty way to use up all your in season zucchini and give a nutrient boost to bread.
The Best Paleo Zucchini Bread
Are you ready for the best paleo zucchini bread you’ve ever tasted? When it’s zucchini season it’s an absolute must to whip up a loaf of this bread. It’s gluten-free and grain-free, using my usual triumvirate of flours (almond flour, tapioca flour and coconut flour) for the perfect texture. And if there’s any doubts on why three flours are necessary, just read all the comments on my reader favorite paleo chocolate cake recipe.
This paleo zucchini bread is virtually identical to my gluten-free zucchini bread recipe, but so many readers didn’t realize that recipe was also paleo-friendly, so I’ve posted this updated version today (with just a few minor tweaks).
Paleo Zucchini Bread Recipe Video
Are you ready to make the tastiest paleo zucchini bread? It’s an easy recipe to make, but if it’s your first time I recommend you watch this step-by-step tutorial video. Give it a watch below!
Paleo Zucchini Bread Ingredients
Want to know what’s in this recipe? Just a handful of simple ingredients, including:
- Dry Ingredients: My flour blend of almond flour, tapioca flour and coconut flour, plus baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Wet Ingredients: A few fridge and pantry staples including eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar….and of course zucchini!
Extra Recipe Tips
One thing you should note, I’ve kept kept the maple syrup to a minimum in this recipe. That means you could easily use this recipe for both sweet and savory options. But if you’d like a sweeter bread, you could certainly increase the maple syrup by 1-2 tablespoons. And if you’d like a much sweeter bread, you definitely need to whip up my chocolate zucchini bread.
On my Summer Meal Prep video I show you a few ways to get creative with your paleo zucchini bread recipe. Of course you can eat it plain or top it with butter. But you can also top it with a variety of other ingredients for a delicious, healthy and creative breakfast or lunch option. Enjoy!
More Delicious Zucchini Recipes
When zucchini is in abundance you’ve got lots of options for delicious zucchini recipes!
- Baked Zucchini Fries
- Zucchini Lasagna
- Zucchini Pasta with Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Easy Sautéed Zucchini
- Zucchini and Prosciutto Egg Muffins
Want another “green” bread recipe? Try my Falafel Flatbread – it’s incredibly unique and versatile. You’ll love it!
Best Paleo Zucchini Bread (gluten-free, dairy-free)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, and apple cider vinegar and whisk together. Squeeze the grated zucchini in a nut milk bag or kitchen towel to remove the excess water. Then add the grated zucchini to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until the batter is well mixed. Pour the batter into a greased 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake the zucchini bread for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- This is the nut milk bag I use to squeeze the zucchini and I love it. It's great for homemade almond milk as well.
Recipe originally posted August 2018, but updated to include new information.