Paleo Banana Bread (Super Moist)
Paleo Banana Bread is super moist, delicious and easy to make. Even better – it only takes one bowl! It’s gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free and the perfect morning nibble to enjoy.
Paleo Banana Bread
When it’s cold and rainy one of my favorite recipes is this paleo banana bread recipe. Fresh from the oven banana bread that smells out your entire kitchen with ALL the delicious smells is quite possible one of the best things in the world.
It took me four tries to get this recipe just right because I wanted that super moist texture without the paleo banana bread being overly dense. 4th try was definitely the winner! And I couldn’t be more thrilled with recipe.
It’s a super moist, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, paleo banana bread recipe that will be loved whether you’re paleo or not. Most just describe it as delicious!
How to Make Paleo Banana Bread
The great thing about this recipe is it’s a one-bowl recipe. Just toss all the ingredients in and mix it together!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and blend together
- Pour the bread batter into a greased loaf pan
- Top the paleo banana bread with a fresh banana
- Bake the paleo banana bread for 50-60 minutes
- Enjoy warm and fresh out of the oven!
I just baked two loaves of this bread (again) for my dad on the weekend, sliced it up and placed two slices (with a little piece of parchment paper between) into individual ziploc bags and froze them. Then, when my dad gets a craving for banana bread, all he has to do is heat them up. Batch cooking at it’s finest.
Tips for this Paleo Banana Bread Recipe
This video below walks you through how easy it is to make this paleo banana bread recipe. But here’s a few tips:
- Make sure you’ve got bananas that are several days old and they’re all brown and splotchy (which means they’re sweeter inside). I don’t add a lot of extra sugar in this recipe because I think the bananas are sweet enough on their own.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl and add the remainder of the ingredients. I tend to add the dry ingredients first and then the wet, just so that when I turn on the hand mixer flour is less likely to blow up everywhere. But it doesn’t really matter the order.
- Beat the dough for about 30 seconds. It’s best if you don’t over beat before pouring into the loaf pan.
- Banana bread does get quite golden on the outside and given that everyone’s oven temps vary, just keep an eye on your first batch.
- For a muffin version of this recipe, make sure to check out my Paleo Banana Nut Muffins.
More Paleo Quick Bread Recipes You’ll Love
Super Moist Paleo Banana Bread
- 2-3 bananas ripe, approx 1 1/4 cups mashed
- 1 banana fresh
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs large
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
*Additional butter or coconut oil is needed to grease the loaf pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Use butter or coconut oil to grease the inside of a loaf pan (8.5 x 4.5 inch) and set aside.
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, then use a hand mixer to blend everything together for 30 seconds. Pour the batter into the loaf pan
- Peel and slice the fresh banana in half lengthwise, then place it on top of the batter.
- Cook the banana bread for 50-60 minutes. If the top gets too golden, you can cover with a piece of aluminum foil. Use a toothpick to test that the banana bread is cooked through.
- Remove the banana bread and let it cool for 5 minutes in the loaf pan. Then slice it up and enjoy.
Originally posted December 2016, but recently updated to include new information.