Goat Cheese Zucchini Fritters (gluten-free)
Zucchini fritters are the perfect appetizer or small bite. And these goat cheese zucchini fritters are topped with a creamy garlic, chive, yogurt sauce.
Zucchini may now be one of my favorite vegetables. But want to hear something funny? Before going healthy, I never ate it that often. Sad, but true. I did not yet understand the amazing versatility of this vegetable! You can chop it, puree it, zoodle it (yes, that’s a verb!) and of course shred it. And with such a mild flavor, it really lets the other ingredients shine. So today, I completely heart zucchini. Which means it always in the fridge, ready to go.
Which is perfect, especially when I’m craving something garlic and cheesy – like these zucchini fritters. The shallot adds just the right balance of savory while the garlic chive yogurt sauce is the ideal herb complement. It’s a marriage made in vegetable herb heaven. But if you’d like to kick these zucchini fritters up a notch, go for some herbed goat cheese.
After a few trials with this goat cheese zucchini fritter recipe, I’ve also decided that I like my fritters thinner and crispier. But feel free to play with the ingredients if you like them thicker. And trust me when I say that once you start eating these zucchini fritters, it’s hard to stop at one.
Goat Cheese Zucchini Fritters with Garlic, Chive Yogurt Sauce
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp pepper, add to taste
- olive oil for frying
Garlic, Chive Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Grate the zucchini and put into a bowl. Sprinkle with salt, mix together and let stand for 20 minutes. The salt will work to draw the moisture out of the zucchini.
- Squeeze out the liquid from the zucchini, either with a nut milk bag, cheesecloth or with a fine mesh colander and return to the bowl.
- Mix in the shallot, eggs, coconut flour, cheese and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Using either your hands or a spoon, dollop out mounds of the mixture into the hot pan. Using a spatula, push down each fritter to flatten.
- Cook the fritters 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the fritters from the pan and place on a paper towel to absorb the oil.
- Mix sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Serve immediately with the fritters.
Other recipes you might like: