2020 Holiday Gift Guide
My annual holiday gift guide is back! Despite the fact that we’re celebrating the holidays a bit different this year, zoom calls and presents wrapped with love are just what we need to amp up the holiday spirit.
For 2020, I’ve assembled gift guides that encompass all sorts of personalities. From cozy minimalists and wellness lovers, to adorable little kitchen helpers, I’ve curated selected items to help meet this year’s needs: less traveling, more self-care, creating a cozy home, and of course, learning how to cook.
Lucky for you, most of these items are straight from Amazon or retailers with access to quick shipping. Simply save them in your cart just in time for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Now let’s get a head start on planning!
For the Kitchen Gadget Obsessed
Do you need to buy a gift for that person who gets excited about quirky kitchen tools? Well, here’s a list of items that I guarantee they will use right away once they open your gift.
- Measuring Spoons + Magnetic Measuring Cups: I use these for almost every single recipe, plus they stack nicely and save room in your kitchen drawer with the magnetic design.
- Kitchen Aid Mini Food Processor : This is great for someone with a smaller kitchen, or for someone who just needs to create a recipe of smaller size.
- Cast Iron Tortilla Press: For the friend that likes to hand-make everything.
- Instant Pot : Another time saver when it comes to making quick and easy throw-together dinners.
- Kitchen Aid Hand Mixer : This mixer will create the creamiest consistency – a kitchen must!
- Souper Cubes : An essential gadget for freezing soups! Will definitely come in handy during the winter time.
- Mandoline : This easy to use gadget will make slicing vegetables a whole lot easier.
- Paderno Spiralizer: A veggie lover’s best friend in the kitchen. This will allow them to create countless recipes with tons of vegetables.
- Crock Pot Slow Cooker: The perfect kitchen tool for creating hearty recipes all in one pot. Just let it sit, simmer, and serve.
- Chemex Coffee Maker: Bring the aroma and taste of your favorite coffee shop right into your own home with this timeless and elegant coffee maker.
- Milk Frother: Skip the $5 latte and make your own right at home with this frother.
- Tea Kettle: My favorite tea kettle of all time that I use daily for my teas. It’s simple to use and minimal looking.
For the Cozy Minimalist and Plant lover
Do you have that friend that’s a homebody, loves interior design, and obsessed with plants? This gift guide will cover all those personalities.
- Montana Glass Canisters (48oz) + Montana Glass Canisters (64oz): These glass containers don’t just make for easy pantry storage, they look aesthetically pleasing on your countertop.
- Tondo Round Platter: Looking to add natural wood textures to your serving collection? If so, this one’s a winner.
- Microgreens Kit: After growing several batches, I have to say this is the most convenient and fun way to grow your microgreens.
- 3 Tier Iris Planter: Can’t decide on just one plant? This 3 tier planter is perfect for saving space and acts as an art piece in my opinion.
- Kanto Matte Pasta Bowls: For your friends that lust over beautiful ceramic bowls. And these ones won’t break the bank.
- Toodle Throw Pillow: This throw pillow is the perfect way to add some subtle modern design to your sofa.
- Organic Wool Dryer Balls: Straight from New Zealand, this is a green and efficient laundry drying solution. They’re re-usable over and over.
- Pencil Succulent: Your plant lover will be fooled by this lifelike plant! It’s delicate leaves and white vase make for a beautiful indoor decor.
- Adra Vase + Rati Vase: I have these sitting right on my dining table. They’re a great accent to any room in the house.
- Essex Servers: For people who love hosting dinner parties, these white marble servers are essential. And are absolutely gorgeous I might add.
- Cable Knit Throw Blanket: Winter days means cuddling on the couch with this soft, 100% organic cotton throw. A gift you can never go wrong with.
- Beachcomber Round Baskets: Handwoven from sustainable and natural fibers, these are ideal for the plant lovers and home organizers.
For The Wellness Lovers
In 2020 wellness couldn’t be more important. Make sure your loved ones are feeling good from the inside out by nourishing their bodies, taking care of their mental health, and prioritizing self-care.
- Bala Bangles: Add extra resistance to your workout routine with these easy (and stylish) weighted bangles.
- Matcha Powder + Matcha Whisk: For the ultimate matcha lover. I use this powder and whisk almost every other day to make a matcha latte right at home.
- Trail Running Shoes: An essential for those who love to be outdoors. Plus, I find these ones to be extra comfy.
- Running Crop Pants: These buttery soft leggings are perfect for exercising and upping your athleisure wear game.
- Weck Juice Jars: Whether you’re making homemade almond milk or aguas frescas, these juice jars are the perfect size for storage.
- Parachute Cloud Cotton Robe: This soft and luxurious robe is perfect for lounging during your morning and night self care routine.
- Essential Oil Diffuser + Lavender Essential Oil: This handcrafted ceramic diffuser isn’t just beautiful, but includes a few unique settings that make it a quality product.
- Porter Ceramic Mug: Whether you’re drinking coffee or tea, this ceramic mug keeps temperatures well. Plus it comes in an array of beautiful colors.
- Keysmart Sanitizing Tray: The ultimate 2020 gift! Nothing beats a tray that helps sanitize your most used items: your phone and keys.
- Vital Proteins Collagen: For your friends and family who love are looking to improve beauty, skin and joint health.
For The Little Kitchen Helpers
Those little hands are just itching to help out with cookie making, pancakes, and other recipes. Give them a Zoom school break and teach them some essential kitchen skills with these tools!
- Kids Linen Apron: This cotton and linen apron will protect your little helpers from those inevitable splatters, drips, and layers of flour!
- Bento Boxes: For those days when you meal prep, having kids prepare their own lunches couldn’t be any easier with these bento boxes.
- Mini Cooking Utensils: A beautiful set of their very own cooking utensils will surely get any kid excited about cooking.
- Beginner’s Chef Knife: To get them trained on their knife skills, a beginner’s knife is a must.
- Kid’s Guide To Cooking Basics: The is the ultimate cookbook for kids – especially if it’s their first time navigating through all the kitchen basics.
- Kids Cut Resistant Glove: Safety is always first in the kitchen – and these gloves will give the adults one less thing to worry about.
- Kitchen Step Stool: Can’t forget about a step stool for your kids! And this one also doubles as storage space for other knick knacks.
- Mini Saute Pan: This mini saute pan with two handles is the perfect size for budding chefs.
- Pancake Pen: Let their creativity shine by letting the kids make their own pancake shapes on lazy weekend days.
For the Kitchen and Home Splurger
We all have that friend or family member that likes to invest in quality, timeless pieces. Whether it be for cooking or for the home, these pieces will sit nicely with the rest of their classic collections.
- All Clad Cookware Set: This stainless steel set is one I swear by and use for the majority of my recipes. I highly recommend for someone who is looking for a new set of cookware.
- Vitamix A3500 Blender: If you have a friend that has been dying to make tons of my recipes, but didn’t have a Vitamix – now is the perfect time to treat them to one of my essential kitchen appliances.
- Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer: To blend with ease for many baking recipes, this standing mixer is one of my favorites.
- Le Creuset Round Dutch Oven: When it comes to cooking and boiling ingredients, this enameled cast iron oven is great. It locks in moisture and evenly distributes heat.
- Boos Walnut Cutting Board: Probably one of the best wooden cutting boards I could ever recommend! Made from sustainable black walnut wood, it provides a surface that makes chopping ingredients a breeze.
- Le Creuset Braiser: An enameled cast iron braiser that’s uniquely designed to transform tough cuts of meat and hearty vegetables into tender, flavorful dishes.
- Knife Block Set: A high quality set of knives in the kitchen is a must, and you can’t go wrong with these. It comes with a variety of blade options. And each knife has a perfect grip, making it easy to use.
- Alden Wooden Bar Stools: These modern rustic bar stools are great for elevating any kitchen or dining area. They’ve got a gorgeous wooden bucket seat and an industrial steel base.
- Frame Medium Coffee Table: This coffee table is perfect for adding modern warmth to a living room with its earth wooden texture against metal framing.
- Organic Cotton Sheet Set: A beautiful and luxurious sheet set that is made from 100% organic cotton. And I have to say, it feels like I’m sleeping on a cloud everyday.
- Staub 6.25 QT Round Cocotte: Another beautiful enameled cast iron pot that’s perfect for slow cooking meats and veggies and simmering hearty stews.
- Organic Spa Robes: Who doesn’t love throwing on a bath robe in the comfort of your own home? These cozy, soft, and warm robes are made from 100% environmentally friendly organic cotton.
For the Cookbook Lover
Know someone that has quite the collection of cookbooks? Some may treat it as a coffee table book or use it as a daily inspiration for cooking. Either way, I’ve hand selected a few of my favorite books that just came out this year.
While some may not be gluten-free, they provide so many fresh ideas when it comes to clean and simple eating.
- Quick & Easy Plant-Based Recipes by Ella Mills: In this book, Ella shows us just how easy it is to embrace a plant-based lifestyle with simple and satisfying meals. From 20 minute meals to the best vegan sweets, this is easy home cooking at its best.
- Well Plated Cookbook by Erin Clarke: Stemming from her midwestern roots, Erin is all about lightening up comfort food classics and making healthy meals accessible and easy.
- Plants-Only Kitchen by Gaz Oakly: Vegan chef, Gaz, is known for offering explosions of flavor through vegan recipes that work around your lifestyle. There’s no fuss, no fancy ingredients – just fantastic food using plants only.
- The Flavor Equation by Nik Sharma: Science-minded cooks will find joy through this book as Nik goes beyond the taste of food. And explains how emotions, textures, visuals, and aromas affect our response to a dish.
- Ottolenghi Flavor: A Cookbook by Yotam Ottolenghi: Chef Ottolenghi has always been a huge inspiration for me when it comes to cooking. He uses minimal, clean ingredients to create simple meals that have an aroma of Middle-Eastern flavors. A favorite in the Downshiftology kitchen!
- Just The Good Stuff by Rachel Mansfield: Delicious, guilt-free recipes is what Rachel is all about. They’re a mix of classic comfort foods made healthy and innovative when it comes to flavor combinations.
- Skinnytaste Meal Prep by Gina Homolka: Most of us are consumed by a busy lifestyle that sometimes puts cooking on the backburner. Which is why we look to meal prep in the sake of convenience. And that’s exactly what Gina delivers in her new book with tasty recipes that save time, calories, and money.
- Time To Eat by Nadiya Hussain: Nadiya introduces you to her world of easy, smart, and time friendly cooking. All while creating insanely delicious recipes that will cover you for weeks in advance.
- Help Yourself: A Guide To Gut Health by Lindsay Hunt: This is a game-changing cookbook that will make you rethink how you eat and be mindful of how certain ingredients affect your body from the inside out.