What I loved in January
As I’m sure you gather, I do heaps of research for this little ‘ol website every month. I’m researching recipes, ingredients, products, health articles and travel posts – or what I’d like to consider the “work” related stuff. AND while I’m doing that, I’m also getting sidetracked with the endless supply of internet wormholes, where one page leads seamlessly to the next and before you know it I’m 23 website pages away from where I intended to be (while buying a new Athleta top and learning SEO best practices).
But in all that “research” I come across some pretty cool finds every month, from brands I love, websites I’m smitten with and other awesome bloggers I admire. So today, I’m bringing you a new category of posts – monthly favorites! All the nook and cranny cool things that I stumble on each month that I think you’ll love, want to make (or buy) and possibly even be entertained by. In other words, tons of good stuff!
So without further ado….
- These harissa carrots have me thinking of kicking my spice level up a notch.
- If you have any smidge of interest in creative pursuits (hint: that’s everyone) you MUST read Big Magic. I finally finished it in January!
- Love this thought-provoking health question from Food Matters. What do you think?
- I may need this skirt for my upcoming Roaming Free adventure…….to Portugal!! Ok, it’s not for a couple months still, but one must plan ahead. More details coming later.
- If you’re a modern girl, but lacking in the “all natural bad-ass” category, Lily has some tips for you.
- This passion fruit concoction may be the ultimate thirst quencher.
- As mentioned in this recipe, I’m totally crushing on this black lava salt. Put it on your must purchase list!
- Vegan chai cheesecakes with earl grey sauce. ‘Nuff said.
- Because it’s winter, you need these 5 citrus fruits to brighten your days.
- These 11 best wellness retreats in the world have me massively wanderlusting.
- A kale salad with pears? Always a smart idea.
- In January veggies took center stage, and this mother of all veggie bowls was no exception.
- But if there’s one key message to kick off the new year, it’s not to have any regrets. And yes, this video had me tearing up (in all the best ways possible).