What I Loved in June
It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these posts (mainly, because I was traveling Portugal), but I’ve seen so many wonderful things on the internet over the last couple of months that I can’t help but share them with you. Hopefully these links will inspire you, educate you, make you hungry, make you laugh….and well, just be some good ol’ distraction. Enjoy!
- I’m a big caprese lover (well, Italy-everything lover), but this strawberry, pesto caprese salad is seriously mouthwatering.
- Here’s a fab summer playlist with all the good vibes.
- These tips on when and why to ignore guidebook recommendations (ie – suggestions for traveling as an introvert…which I am) are totally in line with my Roaming Free philosophy. Always good reminders!
- I’m slightly obsessed with all of Sarah’s recipes, not least of which are these 5-ingredient magical fudgesicles.
- If you don’t have a cherry pitter, don’t worry, here’s a few ways you can MacGyver your cherries.
- Ready to laugh out loud? If you’re a child of the 70’s, you’ll have a little walk down memory lane and get a kick out of this post.
- I just learned of Fermentation Farm. Guess what’s gonna be on my next OC trip list?
- Three gals inspiring me to get into video right now are Erin, Renee and Jessie. Hmmm, I think video may be in my future.
- And finally, Saveur Magazine opened nominations for their blog awards!! The winners and nominees of years past have been a huge inspiration to my own blog. So make sure to pop on over and nominate your favorite blogs. Of course, I’d be over-the-moon grateful if you nominated Downshiftology, for either category of “eat the world” (for food + travel) or “food obsessive” (for my gluten-free niche). Thanks loves! xo