10+ Best Chicken Thigh Recipes
Updated Sep 08, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
When it comes to making the best dinners, I’m slightly obsessed with these chicken thigh recipes. From one-pan meals to classic baked chicken thighs, this tender cut of meat guarantees a juicy experience every time.
5 Reasons to Love Chicken Thighs
Let’s squash the age old debate of which is better – chicken thighs vs chicken breasts? It’s not that one is better than the other, they’re just different. And both can be enjoyed as part of a healthy, well-rounded diet. But here’s five reasons why I do love a good chicken thigh recipe:
- Incredibly Juicy and Crispy: Chicken thighs have more fat that chicken breasts – and that’s not a bad thing. It translates to more flavor and overflowing juiciness. Plus, the skin allows for a crispy golden outer layer.
- Hard to Overcook: If you often end up with dry, bland, over-cooked chicken breasts, switch to chicken thighs. The darker meat will stay moist, even if you accidentally over cook it.
- Economical: Bone-in chicken thighs are about 1/3 the cost of boneless skinless chicken breasts. That’s a huge savings when it comes to eating healthy on a budget and serving a large family.
- Versatile: When it comes to grilling, searing, and braising chicken thighs are your best friend. They can handle high-heat and long cook times equally as well.
Easy & Healthy Chicken Thigh Recipes for Dinner
If you’re a fan of simple yet impressive dinners, keep reading. These chicken thigh recipes will show you how to roast, sear, and sauté thighs with the best sweet and savory rubs, marinades, and sauces.
This all-in-one meal creates the juiciest chicken thighs and beautifully caramelized vegetables. Bonus – it makes for a great meal prep dinner!
Who says you can’t have restaurant-quality teriyaki chicken right at home? With this easy homemade teriyaki sauce, steamed veggies, and a fresh bed of rice – a delicious dinner is served in just 20 minutes.
Nothing beats easy one pan dinners, especially when they’re this good. This recipe shines bright with Mediterranean flavors and perfectly baked fluffy rice.
Don’t sleep on this herbed honey mustard marinade. It’s just what you need to jazz up a weeknight dinner with juicy chicken thighs!
This is Indian comfort food at its best! Juicy, marinated chicken thighs are smothered in a velvety, rich curry sauce. Then served with rice for the ultimate dinner combo.
Come grilling season, this BBQ chicken is a quintessential cookout dish. Plus, I’ve got my secret homemade BBQ sauce to make with it!
This lemon herb marinade is what makes this Greek chicken recipe so satisfying! Plus, it’s super easy to make for the best weeknight dinner.
It’s time to skip the deep fryer and opt for these baked chicken thighs. Not only are they super tender, but they also have deliciously crispy skin. All thanks to the secret dried herb mix.
Craving vibrant, bold flavors? These humble thighs are soaked in the best garlicky cilantro lime flavor, with a hint of sticky sweetness. Then, quickly seared in a pan for the perfect golden skin.
Another delicious way to cook your chicken thighs is straight on a sheet pan. And this recipe uses a homemade balsamic glaze that perfectly coats the chicken, Brussels sprouts and diced onions.
This is another one pan dish that really lets seasonal kumquats shine. When roasted, sliced kumquats become deliciously sweet and they pair beautifully with the basil chicken.
How to Meal Prep and Store Leftovers
The great thing about chicken thighs is that they stay juicy and flavorful, even after sitting in the fridge or freezer, and being reheated. That makes them your best friend when it comes to meal prep.
- To Store: you can store leftovers in the fridge for 3 to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
- To Reheat: it really depends on the recipe, but most often you can microwave leftovers for a couple of minutes until the meat is warmed through. If you’re trying keep the skin crispy, reheat in the oven at 350°F.
Want more recipes? Scroll through all the chicken recipes on this site for endless dinner inspiration.
10+ Best Chicken Thigh Recipes
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup kumquats
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil , for garnishing
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken thighs, sliced kumquats and red onion in a cast iron or oven safe dish. Drizzle olive oil over everything and use your fingers to make sure everything is coated, including both sides of the chicken.
- Season the chicken with the dried basil, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 40-50 minutes or until cooked through.
- If you'd like the top of the chicken more golden, turn the top broiler on for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.