Honey Mustard Chicken
Updated May 17, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
This honey mustard chicken is just what you need to jazz up weeknight dinners. The baked chicken thighs are sweet and savory with an herby kick, have crispy golden skin, and are extra juicy.
If you’re a honey mustard fanatic (as I am), these baked honey mustard chicken thighs will be your new weeknight staple. I gave a sneak peek of this flavor in my list of easy chicken marinades. But this version is even better with an herb seasoning mixed into the honey mustard. Plus, you’ll love the smell in your kitchen as it bakes – it’s so dang good!
Like most of my chicken recipes, these baked chicken thighs are also great for meal prep. Just make one or two sides to pair with the chicken (I’ve got a few ideas listed below!) and you’ve got some delicious meal options for the week.
Honey Mustard Chicken Ingredients
The ingredient list is short and sweet, yet packs in a ton of flavor. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chicken Thighs: I recommend using bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs. If you’ve made my crispy baked chicken thighs, you’ll know why I love them!
- Honey Mustard Sauce: The sauce is a simple combination of honey and Dijon mustard, with some fresh garlic and herbs. I’d wager to guess you have those items already in your fridge and pantry.
- Herbs and Seasonings: You’ll need fresh rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper to complete the herbed honey mustard glaze. If you don’t have fresh herbs, see my note in the recipe card to use dried spices.
Find the printable recipe with measurements below
How To Make Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
Prep the chicken. Place the chicken thighs in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Then pat them dry with a paper towel. This will help to ensure crispier skin!
Brush the honey mustard sauce on top. Stir together the honey mustard sauce in a small bowl. Then brush or spoon the mixture on top of the chicken.
Bake away! Bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 350°F (177°C). You can also check if your chicken is done when it registers 175°F (80°C) with an instant-read thermometer. And to get that extra golden top, turn on the top oven broiler in the last 2 to 3 minutes (just keep an eye on them if you do this).
What to Serve with Honey Mustard Chicken
Honestly, any veggie dish will taste amazing with this recipe. But here are a few ideas I personally love.
- Coleslaw (or this vinegar coleslaw)
- Classic Mashed Potatoes (or mashed cauliflower for a low-carb option)
- Roasted Broccoli
- Garlic Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Simple salads like my cucumber salad, Israeli salad, or massaged kale salad
How To Store Leftover Chicken
- To store: Enjoy portions throughout the week by storing them in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- To freeze: Store leftovers in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Then thaw them in the fridge the day before you plan to reheat them. Trust me, finding a batch of this chicken in your freezer is a gold mine!
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Greek Sheet Pan Chicken
- Chicken Fajitas
- Ultimate Chicken Salad
- Coconut Curry Chicken
Once you make a batch of this honey mustard chicken, let me know how it turned out in a comment below! I hope you love it as much as I do.
Honey Mustard Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Place the chicken in a baking dish and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, stir together the honey, mustard, garlic, oil, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Brush or spoon the honey mustard mixture liberally on top of the chicken.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and registers 175°F (80°C). Turn on the top oven broiler in the last 2 to 3 minutes to crisp up the skin.
- If you don’t have fresh herbs you can use 1 teaspoon total of dried herbs. An Italian herb blend works great as well!
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Recipe originally posted August 2015, but updated with new information.