Herbed Honey Mustard Chicken
This herbed honey mustard chicken is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. It’s golden, crispy skin will definitely have you going back for seconds.
This time of year is my favorite in Southern California. The weather is absolutely perfect, the beaches are gorgeous and you literally want to spend all of your time outside.
August is also my birthday month…with my actual birthday just a week or so away. It’s the big 3-9! Ok, I guess there’s nothing really big about that, other than the fact that I can’t actually believe I’m turning 39. Most of the time I still feel like I’m 29 (at least in my brain). Although, who ever feels their exact age?
Anywho, for my birthday weekend I plan to spend at least one day at the beach with my family – probably Laguna Beach which is my favorite spot. I grew up around there so it always just feels homey.
And for my birthday present to myself, I’m gonna take a stand-up paddleboard lesson! Which, I’m totally excited about! Can you believe that I’ve never done it? I don’t know how that’s possible, but it’s true. It’s such good exercise and I’m hopeful that in the back bay area of Newport Beach the waters will be quite calm (read: I’m hoping it’ll be easier!).
So this week I’ve been planning what to take food-wise for beach outings with the fam and created this herbed honey mustard chicken. And holy smokes is it good! It’s slightly sweet, a little tangy, extremely juicy and the herbs….oh, the herbs seriously make it fab. It’s great finger food and equally delicious cold (eaten the next day) as it is straight out of the oven.
You know what that means – it’ll be perfect to throw in the cooler for a beach day. Like…the one I have planned next weekend!
Hope you enjoy it as well!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl stir together the mustard, honey, oil, salt, garlic and herbs.
- Place the chicken in an oven-safe casserole dish and brush the herbed honey mustard mixture liberally on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked (ie - when the chicken juices run clear when sliced with a knife).
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish and garnish with additional rosemary and thyme sprigs.
Side dish recipes that go great with this chicken: