How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream (dairy-free, paleo, vegan)
Coconut whipped cream is a delicious dairy-free, vegan and paleo-friendly alternative to heavy cream. Watch how easy it is to make it in the tutorial video.
You guys, I couldn’t be more excited about today’s post. If you’ve been following me on Instagram, you’ve seen all the behind-the-scenes craziness that’s gone into making my first video.
Like prop staging (in the basement), herb buying (that took multiple trips) and figuring out how to shoot and edit a “professional” (though I still don’t consider myself a professional) recipe video. It’s been a week to say the least. But I did it…and I couldn’t be happier with my first video. Mainly, because well, it’s done!
Watch the video and learn how to make Coconut Whipped Cream:
And subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly cooking videos!
This first video is part of an upcoming video series I’m working on called “healthy basics.” Think of these videos as “how to’s” with step-by-step instructions for simple recipes that build the foundation of healthy eating. I plan to shoot more advanced recipe videos as well, so if you’ve got something in mind that you’d like to see brought to life, let me know.
Today’s video is How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream – and it’s perfect for those who are dairy-free, vegan or paleo. This recipe is also used on several other recipes, including:
I’ve made this recipe numerous times and here’s the biggest tip I have for you. If your coconut milk doesn’t separate or the cream doesn’t harden, even after several days in the refrigerator, it could just be a dud can. I’ve found that some brands are more successful than others (I always use this brand), but even then, I’ve still gotten a dud every once in a while. When I make this recipe, I always put two cans of coconut milk in the refrigerator, just to have a back-up.
So what did you think? Did you like the video? I’m hopeful that my video skills will continue to improve and I have to chuckle at saying this, but I’m actually excited to create more. The video chasm has been crossed! If you liked the video, can do me a HUGE favor and click the YouTube button on the bottom of the video and subscribe to my YouTube channel? It’ll help my fledgeling channel grow!
Click HERE to pin this Coconut Whipped Cream recipe to your Pinterest Board
How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, chilled
- 1 tbsp honey, (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place your can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for 1-2 days before making this whipped cream.
- Chill your mixing bowl for 30 minutes, then open your can of coconut milk and scoop out the hardened coconut cream. Pour the coconut water into a separate storage container and use that in a future smoothie recipe.
- Using a hand mixer, fluff up the coconut cream for one minute. Add the honey and vanilla and mix for an additional minute.
- Use the coconut whipped cream right away or store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to one week.