Updated Oct 30, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
Paleo brownies are rich, chocolatey and fudgy brownies that are a quick and easy dessert recipe. You’ll never know that they’re gluten-free and dairy-free because they’re so decadent and delicious.
Top these brownies with flake sea salt or a scoop of ice cream and strawberry sauce (which I show on the video below). Then wash them down with an ice-cold glass of my homemade almond milk or cashew milk.
Fudgy Paleo Brownies
When it comes to brownies I’d like to think I’m a connoisseur. In other words, I’ve definitely sample my fair share. So for the very best brownies – paleo brownies included – I have a particular texture that I’m going after.
They can’t be too cakey, otherwise they’d resemble a cupcake. And they can’t be too dense and fudgy, otherwise you might as well just whip up a batch of fudge. No, they need to be the perfect balance of rich, fudgy texture but with enough lift to keep them light and moist.
Well, I’m happy to tell you I have those perfect paleo brownies for you today.
Brownies without Funky Ingredients
Many “healthy” brownie recipes out there include things like black beans or these sweet potato brownies. But in all honesty, I’m not averse to those ingredients and love sneaking more veggies into meals.
But today, I wanted a classic brownie. Or as classic as a paleo brownie can be. A brownie recipe with a handful of ingredients that is easy to make and which I know will blow your socks off.
Ingredients You’ll Need
So what’s in this paleo brownie recipe? Simple ingredients like coconut oil, chocolate chips, eggs, coconut sugar, cacao powder, tapioca flour, salt and vanilla extract. The only ingredient that’s a little more unique is the espresso powder, but if you’ve made my Paleo Chocolate Cake (a massive reader favorite), you’ll understand why that ingredient is key.
If you leave the espresso powder out of this recipe it’s certainly not the end of the world, but I do recommend you buy some as I use it in many of my chocolate recipes.
How to Make Paleo Brownies
These brownies come together quickly and there’s really just five steps:
- Melt the Chocolate: melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together over a double boiler or in 20-second increments in the microwave
- Blend the Other Ingredients: in a separate bowl use a hand mixer to blend the remaining ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the Melted Chocolate: pour the melted chocolate into the mixing bowl and blend until it’s the consistency of cake batter.
- Bake the brownies: pour the brownie batter into a parchment-lined cake pan and bake for 25-28 minutes.
- Cool and slice the brownies: let the brownies cool for a couple of minutes, then slice and enjoy!
As you can see, this recipe couldn’t be an easier! Once your paleo brownies are cooled, feel free to sprinkle a little flake sea salt on top or create a showstopper dessert with ice cream and strawberry sauce! I show you how to do that on the video below. Now that’s a Valentine’s dessert worth enjoying.
Paleo Brownies Recipe Video
It’s really quite easy to make this recipe, but it always helps to have a quick video. Give it a watch below!
For More Delicious Chocolate Desserts
- Amazing Paleo Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Mug Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Chocolate Truffle Tart
Paleo Brownies (Rich, Fudgy Brownies)
- flake sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line an 8-inch by 8-inch square cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil and chocolate chips together in a glass bowl over a double-boiler or in 20-second increments in the microwave. Stir together to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl add the eggs, coconut sugar, cacao powder, tapioca flour, salt, espresso powder and vanilla extract. Use a hand mixer on low to gently blend the ingredients together for 30 seconds.
- Add the room-temperature melted chocolate to the mixing bowl of brownie ingredients and use a hand mixer on medium speed to thoroughly combine. It should resemble cake batter.
- Pour the brownie batter into your cake pan and bake for 25-28 minutes. These brownies are best slightly undercooked rather than overcooked.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes, then slice and serve.
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.