Flourless Almond Butter Cookies
Flourless almond butter cookies are simple to make with just a handful of ingredients. Whip up a batch in 15 minutes and you’ve got yourself deliciously crunchy cookies that are naturally gluten-free and paleo-friendly.
If you’re like me, cookies are your go-to sweet treats. Not only are they easy to prep, but the bake time is pretty short compared to other dessert recipes. So when I spotted a jar of my homemade almond butter in my fridge, I had to whip up these flourless almond butter cookies.
But, I want to give you a heads up that these cookies are not soft and chewy, like my gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. Nope. Similar to peanut butter cookies, they’re known for being crunchy and crumbly. If you love that cookie texture, then you’re in for a treat!
Almond Butter Cookie Ingredients
- Almond Butter: You can make homemade almond butter, or use a store-bought version.
- Coconut Sugar: I’ve blended my coconut sugar into a powdered version for smoother texture (I’ll explain this below).
- Eggs: You’ll just need one large egg.
- Vanilla Extract: To give it a quick boost in sweet flavor.
- Sea Salt: Just a pinch to contrast the sweetness.
Almond Butter Cookie Tips And Variations
After making these several times, here’s a few quick tips.
- Because coconut sugar is inherently coarser than white sugar, it gives a more gritty texture to cookies. So if you’re looking for a smoother texture, you can turn your coconut sugar into powdered coconut sugar using a blender or coffee grinder.
- If you want to substitute the almond butter, you can use peanut butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter for a nut-free option.
- To make this vegan, you can substitute eggs for a flax egg or chia egg.
How To Make Flourless Almond Butter Cookies
When you’re in the mood for quick sweet treat, these almond butter cookies have got your back. Here’s how to make them in just 15 minutes!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl using a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Dollop tablespoon-sized mounds of the batter onto the baking sheet. You can use your fingers to flatten the mounds. Then use the back of a fork to create a crosshatch pattern on the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool then serve!
More Easy Cookie Recipes
If you want to save a few more quick cookie ideas, the below recipes will satisfy your cravings anytime.
- No Bake Cookies
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mint Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies
- Lemon Curd Thumbprint Cookies
Flourless Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar, (blended into a powdered sugar, if possible)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and dollop tablespoon-sized mounds of the batter onto the baking tray. Use your fingers to flatten the mounds. Then, use the back of a fork to create a crosshatch pattern on the almond butter cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool completely on the baking tray before transferring to a plate.
Recipe originally published February 2017, but updated to include new photos and information.