Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce
Dec 19, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
A Thanksgiving or Christmas appetizer doesn’t get more festive than this baked Brie with cranberry sauce. Plus, it’s super easy to make in under 10 minutes. Just add a spoonful of my homemade cranberry sauce on a block of brie, and then bake in the oven until it’s gooey and melty.
Cheers to an easy yet impressive party starter like this baked Brie recipe! It’s an appetizing invitation to dip a cracker into the softest melted cheese with a hint of sweet-tart cranberry sauce, fresh herbs, and crunchy pistachios — the best combination of textures to enjoy with festive colors that embrace the holiday spirit.
So, if you’ve never made baked Brie, here is a gentle nudge to try it. It’s simple and easy, and you can add your personal touch to the toppings to make it extra special for your loved ones. I personally love how the sprigs of rosemary look like mini Christmas trees!
And if you’re looking for more nibbles to round out your holiday table, these stuffed mushrooms, deviled eggs, shrimp cocktail, and my mom’s famous smoked salmon cheese ball make for the best holiday appetizers.
Baked Brie Ingredients
- Brie Cheese: Grab your favorite wheel of Brie from the market! Just check to see if it’s around 8 ounces, as that’s the size I’m using in this recipe.
- Cranberry Sauce: Homemade cranberry sauce is super easy to make, and I’ve linked my recipe for it in the recipe card below.
- Pistachios: Any chopped nuts will work to add a crunchy texture. But today, I’m using pistachios for a touch of green to make it extra festive for Christmas.
- Fresh Herbs: A sprinkle of fresh herb sprigs is all you need. Choose from rosemary, thyme, tarragon, or any others that you love.
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How To Make Baked Brie With Cranberry Sauce
- Prep the Brie. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the Brie on a parchment-lined baking sheet or in a Brie baker. I personally love the Brie baker since it’s portable and ready to be served in that dish.
- Top and bake. Top the Brie with the cranberry sauce, then bake for 8 to 10 minutes. The cheese should be soft and melty. During this time, prep what you’ll be serving with it. I’ve got ideas below!
- Serve. Sprinkle the pistachios on top, garnish with fresh herbs, and it’s ready to be served. Note: I would wait a few minutes before serving so it’s not extremely hot for your guests.
different Ways To Serve
- Simple and classic: For an appetizer that’s quick and easy, serve this baked brie with a separate bowl of your favorite crackers.
- Make a cheese board: If you have time to make a cheese board, this baked brie is a great addition. Serve with salami, crackers, and fresh fruit such as thinly sliced apples.
- Switch the toppings: If you’re not a fan of cranberries, you can top this with any fruity jam or sauce, nuts, or herbs that you love. Some delicious ideas are chia seed jam, fig jam or hot honey sauce!
Yes, you certainly can! It won’t be as soft and melty as the insides but still tastes like cheesy goodness.
You can take a peek at the 6-minute mark to see if the cheese is starting to ooze and the walls have softened. All ovens cook slightly differently, but for me, it’s best around that 8 to 10 minute mark.
Absolutely! If you’d like to make this recipe super easy to whip up on the day of your party or event, just make the cranberry sauce the day before, and store it in the fridge. Then, it’s as easy as topping on the brie and baking!
- To store in the fridge: Any leftover Brie can be stored in an airtight container for a few days.
- For reheating Brie: Since there isn’t a rind to whole the cheese together, it’s best to reheat in a small bowl or dish so there is some space for the cheese to ooze. Warm this up in the microwave for a few seconds or in the oven for a few minutes until softened again.
More Holiday Appetizers
- French Onion Dip: Is it even a party without this classic dip?
- Green Goddess Hummus: The green color is perfectly festive for Christmas!
- Spinach Artichoke Dip: You can make this with or without dairy.
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms: Stuffed mushrooms get elevated with flaked crab meat.
- Or take a glance at my roundup of Christmas dinner ideas!
I hope everyone loves this baked Brie with cranberry sauce! If you make it, I’d love to know how it turned out in the comment box below. Your review will help other readers in the community.
Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce
- Brie Baker The perfect dish to cook brie in and carry to holiday parties!
- 8 ounce round Brie cheese
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped pistachios
- Optional garnish: fresh herb sprigs and orange zest
- Prep the Brie. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the Brie on a parchment-lined baking sheet or in a Brie baker.
- Top and bake. Top with the cranberry sauce, then bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is soft and melty.
- Serve. Sprinkle the pistachios on top and garnish with fresh herbs.
- If you’re gluten-free (like me!) or have gluten-free guests, these are the crackers I love to serve with the baked brie. They’ve got a delicious garlic rosemary flavor that pairs beautifully!
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.