Green Beans with Shallots and Lemon
Green beans with shallots and lemon are a simple yet flavorful side dish. This is one of my favorite green bean recipes and it’s easy to make.
I love my green veggies! My favorites are spinach, baby bok choi, brussel sprouts and green beans. I try to switch them up, but sometimes I get stuck making the same thing. I’m sure you’ve been there.
Since I hadn’t cooked green beans for a while, I thought I’d whip up this recipe. It’s simple but flavorful, which is the best.
This recipe pairs great with my Baked Halibut with Herbed Mayonnaise Crust recipe or my Slow-Cooker Rotisserie Chicken recipe. But really, green beans go with just about anything, right? They’re like the pair of nude pumps in your closet. A staple item that goes with everything! All you need to do is accessorize…and here we accessorize the green beans with shallots and lemon.
- 1 lb green beans
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon, zested
- salt and pepper
- Bring a medium-sized pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the green beans and blanch in the boiling water for 4-6 minutes. While the beans are cooking, fill a large bowl with ice water. Drain the beans with a colander and immediately submerge in the ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain again and set aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the diced shallots and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the honey and stir for a minute more.
- Add the green beans and lemon zest to the saucepan and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Other recipes you might like: