Air Fryer Green Beans
Updated Aug 03, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
Achieve the perfect batch of air fryer green beans in under 10 minutes! They’re crisp, tender, and tossed with fresh garlic and lemon for the perfect side dish.
This is your reminder to grab a bag of fresh green beans! They’re the perfect side dish full of fiber, nutrients, and anti-inflammatory properties. And while you can make green beans super delicious with my sauteed green beans recipe, these air fryer green beans make for an even faster side dish.
But the best part (in my opinion) is that the air fryer adds that addictively crispy touch to them. So the end result is tender-crisp green beans with toasted edges. Delicious. Then, just add some fresh lemon zest before serving for a super easy and tasty side dish.
Air Fryer Green Beans Ingredients
Green beans don’t need much to taste this good. Here are the few things you’ll need.
- Green Beans: You can use haricot verts (French green beans) or your standard package of green beans. If using haricot verts, just remember to trim the edges.
- Seasoning: All you need are olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon zest. For the garlic — feel free to use fresh garlic or garlic powder!
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How To Make Air Fryer Green Beans
Keep in mind that cooking times may vary depending on the type of air fryer you have, as well as the thickness of the green beans. But this recipe should work well across the board. And if you’re new to air fryers, I’m using the Ninja Max Air Fryer!
Toss together. Toss the green beans with oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
Air fry the green beans. Transfer the green beans to the air fryer basket and cook for 7 to 8 minutes at 375°F (190°C), shaking the basket halfway through. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to work in batches as you want a single layer.
Do you need to preheat the air fryer? I find that you don’t need to for this recipe. But you can if you’d like to shorten the cooking time.
- To store for the week: These green beans will last for 4 to 5 days in the fridge in an airtight container. Just note that they will soften over time, but you can always reheat them back in the air fryer for 3 to 4 minutes!
- Freeze for later: If you want to freeze this for later, they will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer. When you’re ready to enjoy, follow the above reheating process once they’ve thawed.
- Reheating from frozen: This will vary depending on the air fryer model and type. But first, air fry them for about 6 to 8 minutes. Give it a shake, and air fry for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until cooked through.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Simply put — air fryers make weeknights as easy as possible. So, give these recipes a try when you need something speedy and delicious on the dinner table.
I hope you enjoy these air fryer green beans as much as I do! Once you make them, I’d love to know how they turned out in the comment box below.
Air Fryer Green Beans
- Toss together. In a large mixing bowl, toss the green beans, oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Air fry the green beans. Transfer the green beans to the basket of an air fryer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to work in batches as you want a single layer. Set the temperature to 375°F (190°C) and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- Add lemon zest. Before serving, garnish with fresh lemon zest.
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.