Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
Honey mustard chicken wings are a classic party food recipe that’s crispy, sweet, and spicy. The wings are baked to perfection and smothered in a delicious creamy sauce. All you need are a few simple ingredients and one hour – it’s that easy!
While chicken wings are perfect for game day, they really can be eaten anytime, anywhere. Whip them up as a dinner party appetizer or a “treat yourself” weekend snack. And bonus, instead of deep frying and making a mess, these wings are baked right in the oven.
As the wings are baking, simply whip up the honey mustard sauce in a small bowl. Then, coat your wings in the sauce, bake again and serve with any leftover sauce as a dipping sauce. The chicken and honey mustard combo is irresistible. Now let’s get into it.
Honey Mustard Chicken Wings Ingredients
Prep your wings before baking with these ingredients:
- Chicken Wings – 2 pounds, which is about 20-24 wings (make sure the tips are removed and drumettes are separated)
- Avocado Oil – 1 tablespoon (you can other oils such as olive oil)
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
Here’s what you’ll need to make the honey mustard sauce:
- Dijon Mustard – 1/3 cup (feel free to use stoneground mustard as well)
- Honey – 3 tablespoons
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 2 teaspoons
- Hot Sauce – 2 teaspoons (you can go as spicy and hot as you’d like!)
How To Make Honey Mustard Baked Chicken Wings
To make this recipe, all you’ll need to do is bake your wings in the oven and create the sauce on the side. Want to see me make it? Just watch the video below!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove any moisture from the chicken wings using a paper towel to blot.
- Toss the wings with oil, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- On a wire rack, spread the wings out into a single layer. Make sure to place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet first, then place the wire rack on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until crispy.
- While the wings are cooking, make the sauce. Add the dijon mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, and hot sauce to a small bowl. Stir everything together until it’s nice and creamy.
- Remove wings from the oven and toss them in the sauce. Then place them back into the oven on the wire rack and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
If you have any leftover sauce, save it for dipping! And if you’d like to ensure you have extra sauce for dipping, you can always double the sauce recipe.
How To Get Crispy Chicken Wings In The Oven
If you’ve taken a peek at my soy ginger garlic chicken wings recipe, I mentioned a few ways to get your wings a tad bit crispier. You can either parboil the chicken or coat them in baking powder. Here’s how to do each method.
Parboil The Chicken Before Baking
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then cook the chicken wings in it for 10 minutes. Boiling removes excess fat from the skin, creating a thin layer that can crisp more easily.
- Drain the wings in a colander and blot them dry using a paper towel. Make sure to give each wing a good squeeze. The more water you can remove, the crispier they will be.
Coat The Wings In Baking Powder
- Use 1 tablespoon of baking powder to evenly coat the wings. Then add on the rest of the seasonings such as salt and pepper.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
If you’re searching for more easy ways to cook chicken, give these recipes a try. The various flavors and textures will keep your meals exciting throughout the week!
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs
- Shredded Chicken
- Roasted Balsamic Chicken With Brussels Sprouts
- Coconut Curry Chicken
- Soy Garlic Chicken Wings
Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, and drumettes separated (about 20-24 wings)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, or olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a paper towel to remove any moisture from the chicken wings.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the wings with the oil, salt and pepper.
- Layer a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet then place a wire rack on top. Spread out the wings on a single layer on the wire rack.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until crispy.
- While the wings are cooking, make the sauce. Add the dijon mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, and hot sauce to a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Remove wings from the oven. Toss the wings in the sauce and place them back in the oven on the baking sheet and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- I always recommend a heavy duty baking sheet so it doesn’t warp when cooking. Here’s the baking sheet I use.
Omg! I love this recipe. Thank you so much. Do you have any keto friendly recipes that you can share as well?
In the navigation bar – you can filter through “special diets”, and one should include keto :)
Already loved this recipe but I just made them in a skillet and the sauce gets even better when it summers with the wings!
Turn out delicious. Eady recipe. Will try soy garlic ginger chicken wings next.
Love these wings! They are a staple for me for quick dinner prep or for game days.
I made these along with my Super Bowl snack spread, and they turned out soooooo good! Substituted sriracha for the hot sauce and they were so tasty.
Amazing! Glad this recipe worked out perfectly for the Super Bowl :)
This recipe is to die for!!!! You NEED to try it. The ingredients list is so short, it’s unassuming. But wow, it is so flavorful. So simple yet so delicious. These are the best wings we’ve ever had!!!
Again, a delicious way to cook chicken wings! And so simple too. I ate it with a salad for my lunch today at the office and it was delicious!
Thank you again Lisa! You truly are a life-saver.
Hi Carole – I’m happy to hear you enjoyed these wings :) Sounds great to throw in some greens with your chicken wings meal.
I made these the day after making the Soy Garlic Chicken Wings and forgot to leave a review. I omitted the hot sauce since my husband has acid reflux and they were so delicious! We ate the left over Soy Garlic Chicken Wings while waiting for these to cook up! Thank you for another delicious recipe!
Hi Sasha – Thanks for coming back to leave a review! But I’m so glad you still enjoyed this without the hot sauce :)
I’ve been searching for a good chicken wing recipe for years! This recipe actually gets the wings crispy!!! This was super easy to follow and will surely be making them again.
Hi Kristen – I’m so glad you finally found a wing recipe that you love!
Lisa you’ve done it again! We made these for the super bowl tonight and they were delicious!! I was blown away! We used half of the hot sauce because we don’t like heat and it was perfect. This was wonderful, thank you!
Hi Katie – Amazing! So glad to hear this was a hit for your Super Bowl party :)
Made this for the family and it was a hit!
Hi Katie – Amazing! So glad you and your family loved these wings.
Drooling at those gorgeous photos, those chicken wings look addictive!!
Hi Emily – They are definitely addictive! So be sure to make enough when you do :)
I can’t believe how easy it is to make these crispy and delicious wings. The honey mustard sauce sounds awesome and perfect with the wings.
Hi Andrea – Oh yes, it’s so much better than store bought versions in my opinion! Can’t wait for you to try this honey mustard sauce :)
I love the combination of honey and mustard and these look epic.
Hi Dannii – Thank you! The flavor combination is pretty priceless. Enjoy the recipe :)
I love Dijon mustard and your honey mustard chicken wings sound just perfect! Can’t wait to make them
Hi Mel – This dijon sauce gives these chicken wings the right amount of kick :) Enjoy!