Iced Matcha and Salted Caramel Latte (dairy-free)
Thinking of how I could combine my two latest loves – matcha and salted caramel – this new beauty was born. An iced matcha and salted caramel latte.
I mentioned a few days ago when I posted my recipe for Matcha Pistachio Bliss Balls that I’ve been on a matcha kick this week. But truth be told, I’ve also been on a salted caramel kick for oh, the last month.
It started when I made my initial Salted Caramel Sauce. Because, well, I had leftovers. So what did I do? I started dreaming up more salted caramel recipes. From that batch I made a top secret recipe (as I haven’t posted it yet). But as we’re friends, I’ll whisper it quietly…salted caramel apple pie ice cream.
Not. Even. Joking. So keep checking back as I’ll be posting that soon.
But thinking of how I could combine my two latest loves – matcha and salted caramel – this new beauty was born. An iced matcha and salted caramel latte. And when you’ve got a delicious beverage that’s dairy-free and friendly for paleo and vegan peeps – you know you’ve got a winner. The way I look at recipes – the more who can enjoy them the better!
I highly recommend you make the salted caramel sauce a day or a few days ahead of time. It’ll keep in the fridge for a few weeks…and I’m sure you’ll find plenty of ways to use the leftovers. The rest of the latte is easy peasy from there. Add the remaining matcha layer ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Top that on a half a cup of coconut milk and drink, drink, drink.
I personally like to swirl it all together, blending the salted caramel, coconut milk and matcha. But you may prefer a straw full of each flavor. However you drink it, you really can’t go wrong. It’s matcha and salted caramel after all.
PS – for more info on matcha, make sure to read my post on the 5 Awesome Health Benefits of Matcha Green Tea.
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp ground vanilla bean
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup ice
- 1 cup coconut milk (divided)
- 4 tbsp salted caramel sauce (divided)
- 2-3 cups ice
- Make the salted caramel sauce ahead of time.
- Place all of the matcha layer ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of salted caramel sauce to each glass, then enough ice to fill each glass.
- Pour ½ cup of coconut milk into each glass.
- Top with the matcha layer, divided evenly between both glasses.