Matcha Pistachio Bliss Balls (gluten-free)
Enjoy the health benefits of matcha green tea with these matcha pistachio bliss balls! They’re power packed little balls of goodness.
This week is all about matcha! Did you see my post on the 5 Awesome Health Benefits of Matcha Green Tea? If not, go check it out. ‘Cause then you’ll want to make these pistachio matcha bliss balls stat.
If you’re new to the world of matcha, my advice is to ease into it. Given matcha’s slightly bitter, somewhat umami, grassy flavor, I’ll be the first to admit that it’s an acquired taste. BUT, once you fall in love with it, you fall hard. Trust me. And you’ll find yourself sprinkling matcha on everything, making iced matcha and salted caramel lattes, blending it in smoothies and generally doing the matcha happy dance.
For newbie matcha friends and lovers alike – you surely can’t go wrong with these pistachio matcha bliss balls. First, they’re bliss balls – and everyone loves bliss balls, right? Second, they’re packed with nutrients and antioxidants from the matcha, pistachios, dates, almonds and coconut.
They’re also refined sugar free and the perfect sweet, healthy snack. One or two will satisfy your hunger and sweet tooth in one fell swoop. Green balls of bliss + matcha happy dance = the perfect treat.
Matcha Pistachio Bliss Balls
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw pistachios, shelled
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 pistachios, chopped (for rolling)
- Place all the ingredients (except the last 1/4 cup pistachios) into a food processor. Process for one minute or until finely chopped and blended.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out balls of mixture. Roll between your hands to create evenly sized balls.
- When all balls have been rolled, roll them again through the chopped pistachios and press firmly into the balls.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes then enjoy.