Raw Coconut Macadamia Mango Cheesecake (dairy-free, gluten-free)
This mango cheesecake (a raw cheesecake) has a coconut center, macadamia crust and mango topping. It’s tropical, delicious and gluten-free, vegan and paleo.
Does it seem strange to anyone else that Easter is in March this year? I don’t know why, but I always think of Easter in April. So I did a little Google-sleuthing and learned that Easter is tied to the March equinox (who knew?!) and that the date can actually fluctuate quite a bit. Cool stuff. But can I just say…what did we ever do before Google?
My family typically celebrates Easter and Christmas at my bros house in Orange County…and this year it’s gonna be a big old bash. His in-laws, plus friends, neighbors and more. With a gorgeous 80 degrees predicted for the weekend I think the kids will love easter egg hunting in the backyard while the adults enjoy the sun, food and maybe a cocktail or two. Especially as (side note) I just found a bottle of guava rum that I’d brought back from the Caribbean yearrrrss ago. Yum!
When I talked to my niece on the phone (who is 11) and asked what should I bring for Easter, she didn’t hesitate at all before blurting out my Raw Mixed Berry and Vanilla Bean Cheesecake. It’s one of her favorites! But as I just made it recently for Christmas, I felt that it needed a little change.
So say hello to a mango version! Mangoes are one of my favorite fruits and I definitely ate more than my fair share when I was living in Sydney, Thailand and Bali. Tropical vibes mean mango smoothies, mango bliss balls, mangoes and sticky rice and well, mango everything. Mangoes = happiness.
The center of this raw cheesecake has a bit more coconut flavor than my mixed berry cheesecake. It also has shredded coconut and crushed macadamia mixed into the mango puree on top, for a little texture and crunch.
But here’s a tip for removing the cheesecake from your springform pan (after it’s been frozen). Don’t let it fully thaw or else it will pull apart the sides a bit. Once you remove it from the freezer just take a hot sponge to the sides to warm them slightly, then open the springform. I kinda forgot to do that and let it thaw in the springform, but if you check out my mixed berry cheesecake you’ll see the difference. Then, once it’s removed, remember that it’ll take a good 20 minutes to thaw enough to cut and serve.
If you make this, I’d love to see! Tag your photo with #downshiftology on Instagram.
Raw Coconut, Macadamia and Mango Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups raw macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut, divided
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup raw honey, or maple for vegan
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp raw honey or maple
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- Coconut flakes, for garnish
- Place all the crust ingredients (and 1/2 of the 3/4 cup of shredded coconut) into a food processor. Note: you'll use the remaining 1/4 cup shredded coconut later. Pulse the processor until the ingredients are mixed to your desired level of chunky or fine texture.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded coconut in the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan (this helps the cheesecake not stick to the bottom). Place the crust mixture on top and gently flatten it with your fingers on the bottom of the pan.
- For the main cheesecake filling, place all ingredients in a high-powered blender. Blend for a minute or two, until thick and creamy.
- Pour your filling on top of the crust. Shake the pan gently to remove any air bubbles.
- Clean your food processor and add the mango, lemon and honey. Pulse until pureed and set aside.
- Clean your food processor again and add the macadamia nuts and shredded coconut. Pulse until finely ground.
- Spoon the mango puree and ground macadamia/coconut mixture on top and swirl around. Place the cheesecake in the freezer for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Remove the cheesecake from the freezer at least 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional coconut flakes.
Other recipes you might like: