White Sangria with Mango and Berries
White sangria is the perfect fruity, summer cocktail. A combination of white wine, mango, strawberries, raspberries and orange, its sweet, easy to make, and presents beautifully. It’s also a bit softer and lighter than my red sangria recipe – though both are delicious!
This white sangria recipe is the perfect cocktail for spring and summer because it has all the fruity vibes. It’s also super easy to make and looks like you put much more effort into it than you really did. Always a bonus.
Why do I love this white sangria recipe? Because it’s crisp, fresh, delicious and can be made in advance of a party, barbecue or outdoor gathering. In fact, the flavors all meld together beautifully as it sits.
How Do You Make Sangria with White Wine?
If you watch the video below, you’ll see how easy it is to make white wine sangria. But here’s the quick version in three steps:
- Slice up a bunch of fruit (I love mango and berries) and toss it in a pitcher
- Add some Cointreau, Grand Marnier or other orange-flavored liquor along with a bottle of white wine.
- Chill and let the flavors meld together.
Sangria (and specifically this white sangria) is a casual cocktail and not fussy at all. Which is why I love it!
What Wine is Best for White Sangria?
There’s no need to splurge on expensive or high quality wine. I usually opt for a Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio, but any fruity, dry white wine will do. You’re just gonna let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours anyway, to soak up all that fruit goodness.
In fact, because the white sangria soaks in the refrigerator for a few hours, I also don’t add any additional sugar. I like my cocktails on the skinny side, but if you’d like it a bit sweeter, feel free to add a pinch of sugar or stevia.
One Last Sangria Tip
One thing I forgot to mention in the video though, is that it’s probably best to pour it in glasses with ice. Don’t add ice to the pitcher because that will dilute it, but definitely pour it over ice before serving. Not only does it keep the white sangria cold on a warm day, it’ll prevent you from drinking too much too fast.
I made the mistake of drinking the large glass you see below without ice and it was probably the equivalent of two glasses of white wine (which is a lot for me). About 15 minutes later, I proceeded to take a lovely nap on my patio. Enjoy!
White Sangria Recipe Video
While it’s easy to make this white sangria recipe, I recommend watching this quick step-by-step video tutorial. Give it a watch below!
More Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love
- Moscato Sangria
- Mango Margarita
- Classic Margarita
- Limoncello Prosecco with Blueberries and Thyme
And for a holiday spin on white sangria, try my white Christmas sangria!
BEST White Sangria Recipe
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 orange, thinly sliced
- 5-6 strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup Cointreau, Grand Marnier or other orange-flavored liquor
- 1 bottle white wine
- fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Add all the ingredients to a pitcher and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- To serve, stir the ingredients in the pitcher, then pour over a glass of ice. Garnish with fresh mint.
- You can store the white sangria for up to two days in the fridge.
- I love my modern, tall pitcher you see pictured. If you're interested, it's this one on Amazon.
Recipe originally published April 2017, but updated to include new information.