Sep 02, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
The perfect daytime summer cocktail – limoncello spritz! It’s refreshing with sparkling fizz, has hints of sweet and zesty lemon, and only requires three ingredients.
But First, What’s Limoncello?
I still remember my first limoncello cocktail along the Amalfi coast. The insanely beautiful beach views with the charming, bustling town right behind… all while sipping on this super refreshing, lemon-y infused cocktail. What a sight I tell ya.
But that’s what made me fall in love with limoncello. Unlike Campari or Aperol, limoncello is an Italian liqueur made with lemon zest, sugar, and vodka. So if you’re into slightly sweeter cocktails, swap an Aperol spritz with this limoncello spritz (or even my limoncello prosecco). Just be careful – it’s super easy to drink, which means you can go overboard fast!
What’s in a Limoncello Spritz?
The beauty of spritzes is that they’re so simple, yet so good. Just grab a bottle of prosecco, limoncello, some soda water, and a few garnishes (which I highly recommend adding for a little zhuzh). Here’s what you need.
- Prosecco: My favorite prosecco for spritzes is from La Marca, but choose any of your favorites that’s dry or brut.
- Limoncello: There’s a few brands that make limoncello, but I personally like this one from Il Tramonto Liqueur.
- Soda Water: You can use either club soda or sparkling water. If sparkling water though, make sure it’s not flavored.
- Garnishes: Adding a fresh lemon slice and some mint really is the cherry on top to this cocktail.
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How to Make a Limoncello Spritz
Similar to an Aperol spritz, you’ll follow a 3-2-1 method to make this limoncello spritz. This means 3 parts Prosecco, 2 parts Aperol, and 1 part club soda. Once you make a few glasses, you can start to eyeball it too (which is what I do now).
- Pour it all in. Fill a glass half full with ice. Pour in the Prosecco, limoncello, and top it off with soda water.
- Garnish. Add a fresh lemon slice into the spritz, and top with with a stem of mint leaves.
More Summer Cocktails!
There’s always room for more classic cocktails, so here’s a few all-time favorites you and your guests will love.
Get a taste of the Italian coast with these limoncello spritzes! Once you make them, let me know how you (and everyone else) liked it in a comment below.
- 3 ounces Prosecco
- 2 ounces limoncello
- 1 ounce soda water
- Optional: lemon slices and mint leaves for garnish
- Pour it all in. Fill a glass half full with ice. Pour in the Prosecco, limoncello, and soda water.
- Garnish. If you'd like, garnish each glass with a fresh lemon slice and mint leaves.
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.