Which Vitamix to Buy? Vitamix Comparison + Accessories
Buying a Vitamix blender is an investment and you want to make the right choice. So today I’m comparing of several Vitamix models and giving you my review and tips on each one.
Once you’ve figured out the right blender for you, make sure to read my Vitamix Tips, Tricks and Hacks post. It’s loaded with information for the new Vitamix owner.
Buying my first Vitamix nearly 8 years ago was life-changing for me. At the time, I was a corporate workaholic having a myriad of health issues and wanted to adopt healthier habits (fast food and packaged food were my staples).
So I saved for months and months and finally invested in the Vitamix Professional Series 750.
As luck would turn out, a year later I was diagnosed with celiac disease and a handful of other conditions. It was a crazy time to say the least. But having my Vitamix was instrumental as I navigated a gluten-free world and opted for healthy green smoothies, nutrient-dense soups and wholesome, homemade sauces.
Since then, I’ve learned to make SO many more Vitamix recipes and it’s become the #1 most used appliance in my kitchen. I honestly use it daily. The versatility is unsurpassed in a kitchen appliance – because in addition to smoothies, soups and sauces, you can make nut milks, nut butters, pestos, frozen yogurt, puddings, salsas and so much more.
As we approach the holiday season I know many of you have a Vitamix blender on your Black Friday or Santa wish-list. And one of the most common questions I receive from this community is “Which Vitamix blender should I buy?” or “Which Vitamix is best?” So today I wanted to help you out and provide a comparison of three popular Vitamix models.
Watch my Vitamix Comparison video:
And subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly cooking and healthy living videos!
Before we dive into the nuances of each model, let’s start with why Vitamix blenders truly are the best blenders in the world and worth investing in. And it should be noted that I do say “investing” rather than just buying. Not only are you investing in your health, but your investing in a product that you’ll use and enjoy for decades.
5 Reasons Why Vitamix Blenders are the Best Blenders
- Powerful Motor – Vitamix blenders have extremely powerful motors that can easily pulverize nuts into nut butters, create the smoothest of smoothies and finely chop basil into pesto. The motor is so powerful it can even create hot soups just from the friction of the blender blades – it’s truly amazing.
- Versatility – Due to the shape of the container, blades and tamper, Vitamix blenders offer unparalleled versatility in the kitchen. It’s like having multiple appliances in one. There are very few appliances I use daily – but I absolutely use my Vitamix daily.
- Easy to Use and Clean – Vitamix blenders are extremely easy to use and the variable speed control, programable settings and timer (on certain models) mean you can walk away from the blender while it does the all the hard work. To clean your Vitamix, just fill the container with hot water, add a drop of dish soap, turn the knob to the cleaning cycle and hit start. That’s it.
- Warranty – When you invest in a Vitamix you can rest assured your machine will work for a long time. The warranty spans 5-10 years (depending on the model) and covers parts, performance and return shipping both ways. But fun fact: less than 1% of Vitamix machines have every been returned for service. They’re just that darn durable and dependable.
- Customer Service – I’m a stickler for exceptional customer service and Vitamix has the best in the biz. Have a question about your machine? Give them a call. Want to buy another container? Give them a call. They’re friendly, knowledgeable and truly caring – the hallmarks of a family-owned business.
Vitamix Model Comparison
Vitamix blenders fall into two main categories: the classic blenders and the smart system blenders. If you’re not concerned with having the latest technology and whiz-bang features – you just want awesome blending power – the classic line is for you. If you love the latest technology, want touch-screen control, a programmable timer and the best warranty on the market – the smart system line is for you.
There are a few different models within each line, but today I’m showing you the models that I’ve personally used: the E310, Professional Series 750 and A3500. The A3500 is part of Vitamix’s Ascent Series and is their most feature-rich model. It’s also the one I love and use daily.
All of these blenders will expertly blend, puree, chop, grind, and warm any of the Vitamix recipes on my website. You can rest assured they’re all blazingly powerful. The nuance is more in the features, so let’s take a look.
Vitamix Explorian Series E310
Vitamix unveiled the E310 last year with a retail price of $350 – considerably less than other models. You can tell by looking at it that it has simple controls – and many of you may actually prefer that. There’s a simple start/stop button, a variable speed control dial and a pulse button.
The major difference between this model and the other models I’m showing you today is that the E310 has a 48-oz container and a 5 year standard warranty. It also has a slightly smaller motor – 2.0 horsepower vs 2.2 horsepower on the other models – and it’s available only in black.
Vitamix Professional Series 750
This was the blender that made me a Vitamix fan for life. My very first Vitamix! The Professional Series 750 is truly a classic and what you see pictured above is the machine I purchased myself nearly 8 years ago. It has a start/stop button, variable speed control dial with program settings for smoothies, frozen desserts, hot soups, dips and spreads and self-cleaning.
It comes with a low-profile 64 oz container (to fit under cabinets) and a 7 year warranty. You can purchase it in black, brushed stainless or copper metal finish and it retails for $600.
If you love the look of the Professional Series but prefer digital controls, you can get the Professional Series 780 for just a little bit more money.
Vitamix Ascent Series A3500
The Vitamix A3500 is my daily workhorse blender. It’s what you’ve seen me use for the last year on all my Vitamix recipes on this website and my YouTube channel – and I’m completely smitten with it. Not only is the A3500 sleek and sophisticated, but it’s got every feature you could ever want.
The front interface has a one-touch start/stop button, pulse button, program settings for smoothies, frozen desserts, hot soups, dips and spreads and self-cleaning. It also has a programmable timer, which you’ve seen me use when making Almond Butter.
The A3500 has wireless connectivity and includes self-detect technology. That means the blender instantly recognizes when you use a different size container, like a 48 oz container, 20 oz blending cup or 8 oz blending bowl (watch my What I Eat in a Day video to see me use this). You can also pair this blender with Vitamix’s Perfect Blend Scale and App to unlock 500+ recipes on your phone.
It’s comes with a low-profile 64 oz container and 10 year warranty. You can purchase it in black stainless, brushed stainless, candy apple red, brushed copper, graphite metal or white and it retails for $550.
The A3500 is the top of the line in the Ascent Series, so you could opt for less features and save money with three other Ascent Series models. Just know that all Ascent Series blenders include self-detect technology, which is amazing.
Vitamix Accessories Worth Grabbing
You really can’t go wrong with whichever blender you choose. And it should be noted that Vitamix does offer refurbished machines at a discount as well. But once you do decide on the perfect Vitamix blender, don’t forget about these key accessories.
- Food Processor – This is the ultimate accessory for extending the functionality of your Vitamix machine. It’s compatible with all Ascent and Venturist models.
- Under Blade Scraper – This is a MUST have item! It makes getting nut butters, hummus and other thick sauces and purees out of your blender as easy as can be. I like to call it my little squeegee as you literally just scrape down the inside of the container and don’t waste any food. It’s life changing. Trust me.
- Tamper Holder – This is a genius contraption for keeping your tamper within grabbing distance right next to your blender (and not rolling around in a drawer somewhere). Tamper holders are available for the E310, Classic Series and Smart Series.
- 20 oz Blending Cup – If you love to make your smoothie and run out the door, the 20 oz blending cup is perfect for you. It fits directly onto the base of all smart system blenders and can be used on classic blenders with the personal cup adapter.
- 8 oz Blending Bowl – A perfect accessory for small quantities of sauces, dressings, dips and spreads. It’s also perfect for homemade baby food! It fits directly onto the base of all smart system blenders.
- Perfect Blend Smart Scale and Recipe App – If you love technology and favor step-by-step recipe instructions, the ability to prepare digital shopping lists and scale recipes to different quantities, this is the tool for you. It works with all Vitamix blenders sold in the US.
- Aer Disc Container – A unique and versatile container that lets you whip, muddle, foam and emulsify – because it has a disc rather than a blade. The holes in the disc mean you’ll aerate liquid ingredients and agitate, rather than puree firmer ingredients, like ice cubes and fresh mint in a mojito.
- Additional Containers of Various Sizes – I have extra containers for all of my models and I’m not gonna lie, they always come in handy. Whether that’s because you don’t clean a container right away or because you want to blend two recipes at the same time, it’s always a good idea to snag a second container.
I hope you found this post helpful in determining which Vitamix model is best for you. If you missed the video at the top of the post, make sure to scroll back up and watch that as I show each model and accessory mentioned here. And sometimes it’s just better to see.
I also have an entire category of Vitamix recipes on my website and a playlist of Vitamix videos on my YouTube channel. That should help get you started with your new machine! If you have any questions on the models I’ve shown today or other Vitamix models let me know below and I’ll do my best to answer your questions. Happy blending!
This post was created in partnership with Vitamix (a brand I’ve loved and used for years). All thoughts and opinions are my own.