10+ Delicious Paleo Thanksgiving Recipes
These paleo Thanksgiving recipes will create a winning menu for the big day, without sacrificing flavor. Choose from an array of classic side dishes, the perfect roasted turkey, and scrumptious desserts that everyone around the table will love!
Just because you’re following a paleo diet, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the best of Thanksgiving! There’s plenty of options thanks to the help of seasonal vegetables and other wholesome ingredients.
I’ll show you how to turn winter squashes into the creamiest sides, roast the perfect turkey, and even make the best pumpkin pie from scratch. And yes, all of these recipes are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. It’s time to dig in!
Appetizers To Kick It Off
Get everyone’s stomach warmed up with these easy and healthy appetizers. Here’s a few classics with a healthy twist to them. These paleo Thanksgiving recipes are a breeze!
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Prosciutto Wrapped Sweet Potatoes With Maple Balsamic Glaze
- Bacon Deviled Eggs
Best Paleo Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Aside from the main course, Thanksgiving is undoubtedly all about the side dishes. Just make sure to plan ahead as you want a good balance between different flavors and textures. Here you’ll find endless an assortment of sides that are creamy, roasted, sweet or savory.
- Healthy Green Bean Casserole
- Spaghetti Squash, Brussels Sprouts And Crispy Shallots
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole
- Roasted Broccoli
- Garlic Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Balsamic Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- Best Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Green Beans With Shallots And Lemon
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Sweet Potato
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Holiday Paleo Desserts
Lucky for you, these paleo desserts are just as decadent and delicious as their classic counterpart. If not, better. From pumpkin pie to coconut macaroons, there’s a dessert for everyone to enjoy. Plus, they’re pretty easy to make. So if you’re not a pro baker, don’t worry. These recipes will make it seem like you are.
- Paleo Pumpkin Pie
- Vegan Caramel Cheesecake
- Chocolate Truffle Tart
- Coconut Macaroons
- Brownie Trifle
- Pumpkin Spice Coconut Macaroons
- Raw White Chocolate And Pumpkin Cheesecake
10+ Delicious Paleo Thanksgiving Recipes
- 2 cups turkey drippings, or low-sodium chicken/turkey broth
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder, or more if you'd like it thicker
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee or water
- teaspoon salt and pepper , to taste
- Once the turkey is done roasting, remove the turkey from the pan and strain the pan drippings through a sieve into a large measuring cup.
- Let the drippings sit for a few minutes, until the fat separates and rises to the top. Skim off most of the fat, so just 1-2 tablespoons remain, but keep the broth below.
- Transfer the turkey broth to a pot and bring to a boil. Note - If you weren't able to get 2 cups worth through your turkey drippings, you can supplement with turkey or chicken broth.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the melted butter and arrowroot powder to create a slurry.
- Once the broth is boiling, turn off the heat, and gradually whisk the slurry into the broth until it begins to thicken. If you'd like the gravy thicker, you can add another tablespoon of arrowroot powder mixed with a tablespoon water.
- Season with salt and pepper. The gravy will continue to thicken as it cools. Then, drizzle on everything!
Post recently updated from November 2014.
just exactly what I needed Thank you
What a tasty looking mix of dishes! Those Brussels sprouts look particularly inviting.
Thanks so much Caroline! Brussels sprouts are always a personal favorite of mine.
All of these recipes are making my mouth water!! I’m going to be adding quite a few of these to my Thanksgiving menu next week, and I can’t wait to try the chocolate truffle tart for dessert! :)
Can’t wait to see how your Thanksgiving spread turns out :)
So much to choose from and it all sounds lush. Thanks for putting this yummy list together.
Hope this makes your Thanksgiving a little easier :)
There is some amazing choice here. Love the look of those sprouts.
Thanks Dannii! It’s always fun to dress up sprouts :)
You KNOW I will be going for the desserts first! These are all such great ideas, thanks for this! Bookmarked for next week :)
Wonderful! Can’t wait to see what dessert you make :)
Your recipes are amazing! Love your website. Love what you do. Please keep going! You’ve impacted my life and family.
Thanks so much Ana! I’m glad you’re enjoying all my content so far and that I’ve been able to make a positive impact.