Air Fryer Carrots
Updated Oct 25, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
Air fryer carrots are the best way to get perfectly cooked carrots in under 10 minutes. They’re crisp on the outside, tender on the inside, and seasoned just right. So when you need a speedy and flavorful vegetable side dish, this air fryer recipe checks all the boxes.
Carrots are one of my personal favorite veggies and I’m always looking for new ways to cook them. And since I’ve been making more air fryer recipes lately, it was only a matter of time before air fryer carrots popped up on my to-do list. It’s so much faster to make than my roasted honey-glazed carrots (which is my go-to) and has a light herb seasoning that works well with any sort of meal.
This is why I’ve been on such an air fryer vegetable kick lately, from air fryer broccoli to air fryer green beans to air fryer cauliflower and more. They’re quick to cook and often deliver even better results than roasted. So if you’re not yet air-frying vegetables, this is your sign to grab one (I’ve linked the one I use below) and start!
Air Fryer Carrots Ingredients
- Carrots: You can slice your carrots straight or diagonally, it’s up to you! But I do recommend peeling them for this recipe, just to keep the outside texture nice and soft.
- Seasoning: I’m sticking with a simple herb seasoning here that includes dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. This simple seasoning really allows the flavor of the carrots to shine. But for more ideas, read the section below!
Find the printable recipe with measurements in the recipe card below.
How To Cook Carrots In Air Fryer
Toss carrots. In a large mixing bowl, toss the carrots with olive oil, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. If you wanted to spice these up a bit, add in other seasonings at this time.
Air fry the carrots. Transfer the carrots to the basket of an air fryer and arrange them in a flat single layer. Set the temperature to 375°F (190°C) and cook for 7 to 9 minutes, shaking halfway through to ensure all sides are cooked evenly. For a more tender texture, change the cooking time and add a few extra minutes.
Yes! Use the same temperature if cooking baby carrots or thinner sliced carrots in the air fryer. But reduce the cooking time to 5 to 7 minutes. Double-check halfway through to gauge how much more time you need!
Carrots will start to soften at around 183°F to 184°F. And since they don’t need that much time to cook in the air fryer, it’s always a good idea to keep an eye on them right around the 5-minute mark. You can then make them as soft or crisp as you like them!
more seasoning ideas
By switching up the seasoning on your air fryer carrots you can keep them interesting on the dinner table week after week!
- Honey glaze: Toss the carrots with honey, minced garlic, melted butter, cinnamon, and ground ginger for a beautifully sweet and spiced flavor.
- Warm Morrocan spice: In addition to this recipe, add garlic powder, ground cumin, and coriander for a warm, spiced touch — similar to my roasted carrot hummus (which, if you haven’t tried is a must-make recipe).
- Garlic and herbs: Add about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon each of garlic powder, dried oregano, dried basil, dried parsley, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper.
STORING LEFTOVER AIR FRYER CARROTS
- To store for the week: These carrots will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days if stored in an airtight container.
- To reheat: You can air fry for a few minutes at 360°F or microwave for 30 seconds until warmed through.
- To freeze for later: Use a freezer-safe bag or container and store the carrots for up to 3 months. Let them thaw in the fridge the night before reheating the next day.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Did you know you can make an entire meal in the air fryer? Yep, you sure can! Check out some of these ideas for air fryer mains – and serve them up alongside your carrots.
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast: Yes, you can nail juicy, tender chicken right in your air fryer.
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings: These are the crispiest lemon pepper wings.
- Air Fryer Salmon: This is how to get flaky-tender salmon in the air fryer.
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts: The best way to cook sprouts!
- Or check out more of my air fryer recipes to put your kitchen appliance to good use!
These air fryer carrots ought to be a part of your vegetable routine! If you make it, let me know how they turned out in the comment box below. Reviews are greatly appreciated!
Air Fryer Carrots
- Toss together. In a large mixing bowl, toss the carrots, oil, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Air fry the carrots. Transfer the carrots to the basket of an air fryer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to work in batches as you want a single layer. Set the temperature to 375°F (190°C) and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.