Pomegranate Chia Pudding Parfait
Nov 30, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
Whether it’s for a light breakfast, snack, or dessert, this pomegranate chia pudding parfait always hits the spot. It’s a delicious layer of creamy yogurt, chia pudding, pomegranate seeds, and sliced almonds!
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know that chia pudding is one of my favorite things to make (and meal prep). It’s a sweet, but not too sweet recipe that’s loaded with nutritional benefits, thanks to the abundance of chia seeds.
Pomegranates are also in season this time of year, so make them the shining star in this refreshing and healthy recipe. We all know that the holidays are full of heavy meals that can make you feel weighed down, but this light and fresh chia pudding parfait perfectly balances those other meals. Plus, it’s just a delightful little recipe!
Pomegranate Chia Pudding Parfait Recipe Ingredients
Good news – chia pudding is super easy to make! That’s why I always have a batch prepped in my fridge or freezer. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- For the chia pudding: This is a simple mix of milk (dairy or dairy-free), chia seeds, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- For the parfait: Layer it up with yogurt, pomegranate seeds, and sliced almonds.
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How To Make This Chia Pudding Parfait
Make the chia pudding. Stir together the milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Let it rest for 10 minutes before stirring again. Cover the bowl and let it gel up in the fridge for at least an hour.
Assemble the parfait. Star off with a layer of yogurt, then pile on the almonds, chia pudding, and pomegranate seeds. Then repeat!
Helpful tip: This is a great recipe to serve up buffet style and let people assemble their own during the holidays!
These chia pudding parfaits are best enjoyed the day of. But you can enjoy them 2 to 3 days later as well, as long as they are immediately stored in the fridge.
More Chia Seed Recipes
Don’t forget that chia seed pudding is a simple base for many more variations. Here are a few other delicious flavors you can add to your rotation, or serve as a holiday dessert!
- Eggnog Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Chia Mousse (a delicious blended version!)
- Pumpkin Pie Chia Mousse
- Chia Seed Jam
Enjoy this pomegranate chia pudding parfait over the holiday season, and be sure to make some for your loved ones as well! Let me know how you (and everyone else) liked this recipe in a comment below.
Pomegranate Chia Pudding Parfait
For the chia pudding
For the parfaits
- ½ cup yogurt (dairy or dairy-free)
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- To make the chia pudding: Stir together the almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Let rest for 10 minutes, then stir again once the seeds have started to gel. Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for at least one hour.
- To assemble the parfaits: Dollop yogurt in the bottom of a glass jar. Top that with a few spoonfuls of chia pudding, then a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds, a sprinkle of almond slices, more chia pudding, yogurt, and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve immediately or make the chia pudding parfaits ahead of time and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Recipe originally posted November 2014, but updated to include new photos and information.