Chocolate Coconut Macaroons (gluten-free, paleo)
Chocolate coconut macaroons are delicious, bite-sized chocolate treats and use just a handful of healthy, gluten-free, paleo-friendly ingredients.
If you’re in a choco-holic mood, I highly recommend these chocolate coconut macaroon mounds of happiness. Say that five times fast!
Similar to my Meyer lemon coconut macaroons, these bite-sized chocolate coconut macaroons are a great snack. There’s only a handful of ingredients needed to make these macaroons and odds are you likely already have them on hand.
So here’s what you do. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Use a cookie scoop to dollop the chocolate coconut macaroons onto a baking tray and bake them for 20 minutes. After they’ve cooled, you’ll find that they’re slightly crispy on the outside yet soft and delicious on the inside.
And bonus – they travel well! So if you’re feeling like a picnic or maybe want to sneak some paleo munchies into the movies (just saying), give these a try.
More Easy Chocolate Recipes
Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup almond flour, finely ground
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Using a 1.5 tbsp cookie scoop, scoop the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 20 minutes, turning the baking sheet halfway through. The bottom of each macaroon will start to brown when finished.
- Cool macaroons on the baking sheet for at least 15 minutes before transferring to a plate (otherwise, they will break apart).