Guacamole Bacon Burger Bites
These guacamole bacon burger bites are about to be everyone’s new favorite appetizer. Burger meatballs are piled with creamy guacamole, crispy bacon, and a few other lovable burger layers.
The Best Appetizer Duo – Guacamole & Bacon!
I think everyone agrees that fresh guacamole + crispy bacon is a match made in heaven. This duo works beautifully in my BLT guacamole, but even better in this super fun burger appetizer. Sure, sliders are always a hit. But these bacon guacamole burger bites require a bit less work, and look extra playful on a serving platter.
There’s lot of festivities throughout the year – from a Super Bowl party, to a 4th of July barbecue, Memorial Day picnic, and all the birthdays in between. So if you’re in dire need of a new appetizer idea, I’m thinking this recipe should be next on your radar.
Here’s The Essential Burger Layer Run-Down
These scrumptious bites are made with everything you love about a classic burger. That means seasoned ground beef, bacon, guacamole, tomatoes, lettuce, and cheese. Of course, you can always omit anything you might not like. But I highly recommend sticking to this combo for the full burger experience!
- Ground Beef: To replicate a classic burger, ground beef is essential. Although, you can also use ground turkey or ground pork if that’s more your thing!
- Seasoning: All these mini meatballs need are a combination of salt, pepper, and garlic powder to give it enough flavor.
- Bacon: You’ll just need 4 slices for this recipe as you’ll be breaking them into smaller pieces for each bite.
- Guacamole: I’m a sucker for homemade guacamole, but you can always use a store-bought version if you’re short on time.
- Tomatoes: Grape or cherry tomatoes are perfect for these bites.
- Lettuce: You honestly only need 4 butter lettuce leaves, which can seem like a waste buying a whole head of lettuce. But save the rest to make lettuce wraps with my chicken salad or tuna salad!
- Cheese: This is optional, especially if you’re dairy-free. I’m using a sharp cheddar, but you can use any type of cheese you’d like.
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How To Make Guacamole Bacon Burger Bites
There’s a few components happening in this recipe. But don’t worry, I’ve made a game plan to make the cooking and assembly process as seamless as possible. First, preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and pull out your rimmed baking sheet.
- Make the burger balls. Mix together the ground beef, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Then roll them into 12 balls and arrange them on one side of the baking sheet. Side note – slightly flatten them so it makes it easier to pile on the rest of the ingredients without toppling over.
- Cook the bacon and burger balls. Place 4 slices of bacon on the other half of the baking sheet. Then bake both items for 20 to 24 minutes. At 15 minutes, check to see if the bacon is done as it might cook faster than the meatballs. If so, remove the strips to a paper towel while the meatballs finish cooking.
- Assembly time! Top each burger ball with a small slice of cheese immediately after coming out of the oven, so it can melt. Then continue layering with a small piece of lettuce, a ⅓ piece of bacon, a dollop of guacamole, and half of a cherry tomato. Thread it all together with a stick and you’re done!
Tips For Prepping Ahead
- Make a batch of guacamole earlier in the day. Since guacamole browns easily, make sure to whip up only a few hours before you make everything else. You can also find “stay green” tips for guac on my guacamole recipe post.
- Pre-slice fresh ingredients. You can prep the lettuce leaves, halved cherry tomatoes, and cheese slices a day before and store them in a container. That way you won’t have to worry about prepping everything the day of.
More Bite Sized Appetizers
No matter the occasion, having a list of appetizers always comes in handy. Especially these ones that I’ve served numerous times, and trust me, they never get old.
- Caprese Skewers
- Bacon and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Baked Zucchini Fries
- Smoked Salmon, Avocado, and Cucumber Bites
These guacamole bacon burger bites are hands down the next best thing to a fully loaded cheeseburger. Once you make them, let me know what you think in a comment below!
Guacamole Bacon Burger Bites
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- ½ cup guacamole
- 6 grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 butter lettuce leaves, torn into 4 pieces
- 3 slices cheese, cut into quarters
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Optional: for easier cleanup, line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the burger balls. In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, until well combined but without over mixing. Roll them into 12 balls, then place them on half of the baking sheet and slightly flatten them.
- Arrange the bacon and cook. Place 4 slices of bacon on the other half of the baking sheet. Then bake both items for 20 to 24 minutes. Check at 15 minutes to see how the bacon is cooking (as all ovens bake differently). If the bacon is cooking faster, you can remove it to a paper towel to drain and continue cooking the meatballs, until they're cooked through.
- Assemble the bites. Top each meatball with a small slices of cheese immediately after coming out of the oven, so it can melt. Then top with a small piece of lettuce, a ⅓ piece of bacon, a dollop of guacamole, and half of a cherry tomato. Pro tip: thread the tomato onto the skewer first and push it up halfway, then stick the skewer through the rest of the ingredients. If you try to skewer everything all at once you'll smush down on the guacamole.
- Make sure to read my tip in the last step above, so you don’t end up with smushed burger bites. And here’s the cute mini skewers I used.