Bacon and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
These bacon and goat cheese stuffed mini peppers are a delicious finger-food appetizer. They’re creamy, savory, and look extra colorful on a serving platter (aka everyone will love them)!
You know those appetizers that seem to disappear in the blink of an eye? This is one of those! Sweet mini bell peppers are loaded with creamy goat cheese, and dotted with crispy bacon and bright red onions. They’re beyond delicious, and trust me, it’ll be hard to stop at just one, or two, or three.
So if you’re looking to up your appetizer game, these stuffed mini peppers will guarantee a fun and tasty time. Think of this as my most loved stuffed peppers recipe turned to a sweet yet cheesy treat. And like most stuffed things, this recipe is incredibly easy to make. Just prep the filling ingredients, slice the peppers, stuff them, and bake away! The results are insanely delicious and look extra fancy when serving.
What’s In These Stuffed Mini Peppers?
A quick and easy 6 ingredient combo. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Mini Bell Peppers: These tiny sweet peppers are packed with flavor just as bright as their colors.
- Bacon: Because everything with crispy bacon is better, especially paired with creamy goat cheese.
- Goat Cheese: A soft and mild cheese that’s not too oozy or messy.
- Red Onion: Adds a pop of purple and a refreshing crisp flavor with every bite.
- Parsley: I love fresh parsley, but you can also use chopped cilantro.
- Garlic: Minced garlic adds a punch of flavor.
- Salt, & Pepper: Helps tie the filling flavors together.
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How To Make Bacon And Goat Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
In a few simple steps, these delicious peppers will be ready in no time. First, preheat your oven to 400F then follow along below.
Cook the bacon. Add the strips to a baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes. Then transfer them to a paper towel to cool.
Prep the peppers. Slice each one in half and scoop the seeds out.
Make the filling. Mix together the goat cheese, red onion, crumbled bacon, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
Stuff and bake the peppers. Use a spoon to add the filling, then arrange the peppers in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, until the peppers are slightly soft. Then let them cool slightly before serving.
Prep These Mini Stuffed Peppers Ahead Of Time
If you’re prepping for a party, you can make these a few hours before guests arrive. Just make the filling, stuff the peppers, lay them out on a baking sheet, and store in the fridge until you’re ready to bake. That way you’ll have plenty of time to whip up other appetizers and a fresh pitcher of margarita!
How To Store And Reheat
In the rare case you have leftovers (trust me, it’s really unlikely), you can easily store them in the fridge. Here’s how to do it.
- To store: Stack the peppers in an airtight container, and store in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
- To reheat: Add them to a plate and warm them up in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
Need Tasty Yet Easy Appetizer Ideas?
These reader favorites are easy to prep and enjoy! And if you happen to be hosting a Super Bowl party, here’s a list of healthy Super Bowl recipes to get you started.
- Best Ever Guacamole
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Pico De Gallo
- Soy Garlic Chicken Wings
- Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Baked Zucchini Fries
If you make these stuffed mini peppers, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
Bacon and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 12 mini bell peppers
- 6 slices bacon
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400F/200C. Place the bacon on a baking sheet and cook for 18-20 minutes, or until it's crispy. Transfer it to a paper towel to cool. *Note: I'm cooking an entire package of bacon, but only 6 slices are needed for this recipe.
- While the bacon is cooking, slice the mini peppers in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Add the goat cheese, red onion, minced garlic, parsley, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl. Once the bacon has cooled, crumble it with your hands into the bowl, and stir together.
- Stuff the mini peppers with the bacon goat cheese mixture, and place them on a baking sheet. Bake the stuffed mini peppers for 10 minutes at 400F/200C, or until the mini pepper is slightly softened. Remove them from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a plate.
- Serve them warm and if you'd like, sprinkle a little extra chopped parsley on top.