40+ Healthy Super Bowl Recipes
It’s time for healthy Super Bowl recipes that put a refreshing spin on classic game day foods! There’s dips, salsas, tasty chicken wings, bite-sized nibbles, and meals for a crowd – all things to satisfy your hungry team.
Plan Your Super Bowl Food Ideas
While game day is all about football, we can’t deny that food is just as important. And this selection of healthy finger-lickin’ snacks, appetizers, and meals will help you bring your “A” game to the party. But first, here’s a quick guideline to plan out your game day menu and party essentials.
- Gather your best appetizers. Super Bowl is all about finger foods! So make sure you have a solid selection of appetizers laid out across your table for everyone to nibble on throughout the game. Have fun with different flavors, textures, and colors.
- For a bigger party, plan communal meals. Aside from appetizers, a bigger crowd will most likely need a bit more oopmh to fill their stomachs. Think build-your-own tacos (or wraps with tortillas or lettuce leaves), and plates of colorful chicken kabobs or grilled shrimp skewers.
- Organize all your servingware a day before. This will help you plan the layout of your food on the table. Also, don’t forget to make what you can ahead of time, such as slow cooker meat or easy dips like hummus. This will make your game day morning much less stressful.
Classic Super Bowl Dips (With A Twist)
Get the party started with flavorful dips! Choose from ultra creamy classics like guacamole, or fun twists like avocado salsa. Just don’t forget to bake a batch of herbed cassava flour tortilla chips or flaxseed crackers for dipping.
- The Best Ever Guacamole: It’s not a Super Bowl party without this staple guacamole recipe!
- BLT Guacamole: With the addition of crispy bacon, grape tomatoes, and lettuce bits, it’s the classic BLT flavors in a dip.
- Pico De Gallo: This classic chunky salsa is perfect for something a bit more refreshing.
- Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip: Oh boy, this one’s so cream and garlicky – you won’t even know it’s dairy free.
- Best Salsa Recipe: Not a fan of chunky pico de gallo? This smoother salsa is just like your favorite restaurant salsa (but better).
- Avocado Salsa: Think of this as guacamole and pico de gallo combo! Can’t beat a two in one.
- French Onion Dip: Creamy and flavorful, this french onion dip is a definite crowd pleaser.
Dip Recipes With Mediterranean Flair
Bring some variations to your dips by adding a bowl of Mediterranean classics! These taste great with freshly chopped vegetables such as celery, cucumber, or sliced bell peppers.
- Classic Hummus: For the OG Mediterranean dip, this one is a must have.
- Green Goddess Hummus: This refreshing twist is for all the herb and veggie lovers!
- Tzatziki or Vegan Tzatziki: Tangy and cooling, this cucumber yogurt sauce is SO good. Plus, I’ve got a dairy-free version that tastes just like the classic.
- Baba Ganoush: The ultimate smoky, savory dip that will have your Mediterranean lovers swooning.
- Roasted Beet Hummus: This vibrant red hummus always gets noticed, and devoured.
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus: A creamy hummus that’s deliciously smoky thanks to roasted red peppers.
The Best Super Bowl Appetizers
Alright, now that you’ve got your dips sorted, make sure you’ve got your finger foods! Whip up a few different appetizers to keep the table options interesting throughout the game.
- Soy Garlic Ginger Chicken Wings: Can’t do game day without sticky sweet wings! And this Asian twist is probably my favorite.
- Honey Mustard Chicken Wings: For another wing flavor, you can’t go wrong with classic honey mustard.
- Baked Zucchini Fries: These fries are coated with grated parmesan and an Italian spice blend – need I say more?
- Curly Sweet Potato Fries: Put a fun twist on your average sweet potato fries with your spiralizer!
- Carne Asada Fries: Talk about loaded fries! These are topped with carne asada, guacamole, sour cream, and cheese – yum.
- Coleslaw or Vinegar Coleslaw: A batch of coleslaw is great for cleansing the palette in between all the hefty bites. And for those who don’t like mayo, the vinegar version is a winner.
- Guacamole Stuffed Tomatoes: Got extra guacamole? Make these vibrant tomato bites!
Think Communal Meals For A Large Super Bowl Party
If you’ve got a large crowd, think communal meals where they can build, grab, and go! This can mean building your own tacos (with some of the above dips as condiments), or a homemade pizza where it’s easy to grab a slice.
- Chicken Fajitas: All you need is 30 minutes to whip up a big batch, then serve with tortillas and condiments.
- Cauliflower Pizza: While this one takes a bit more work, the results are worth it for the best low-carb, gluten-free pizza.
- Carne Asada + Carne Asada Tacos: Make sure to marinate your steak earlier in the day. This will give it time to soak up all those delicious Mexican flavors.
- Carnitas + Carnitas Tacos: Thanks to your slow cooker, you’ll have super tender and juicy carnitas that’s perfect for tacos!
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork + Pulled Pork Street Tacos: This recipe is similar to the carnitas, but with a slight tweak in the spice blend.
- Shrimp Tacos With Cilantro Lime Bacon Slaw: Make a batch of garlic butter shrimp and cilantro lime slaw to assemble these delicious shrimp tacos.
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Wrap sesame soy chicken with crisp lettuces for a refreshing DIY meal.
Easy Yet Fancy(ish) Recipes
Nothing beats a dish that’s easy to make yet fancy enough to serve at a party. Just place these on a large platter and you’ll wow the crowd.
- Greek Chicken Kabobs: Load your skewers with a rainbow of vegetables and lemony chicken, then grill it up in just 15 minutes.
- Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats: Serve tacos in a fun (and healthy) way by stuffing classic ingredients into a zucchini!
- Garlic Grilled Shrimp Skewers: You best believe these juicy, garlicky jumbo shrimps are always a party favorite.
- Baked Tuna Meatballs: If you made a batch of tzatziki sauce, these tuna meatballs will be the perfect pairing.
- Pizza Stuffed Zucchini Boats: Oh yeah, this is one the kiddos will love with pepperoni, marinara sauce, and loads of cheese.
- Pork And Fennel Meatballs: These super savory meatballs will surely have people going back for seconds. Better have a second batch on hand!
Easy, Bite Sized Sweets
To hit the final touchdown with your guests, wrap up the night with these easy, bite sized sweets.
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies: Moist and chocolatey, you can never go wrong with a batch of chocolate chip cookies (which just so happen to be gluten-free and vegan).
- Almond Butter Cups: Skip the Reese’s and whip up these homemade almond butter cups with just 3 ingredients.
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding: Make a batch of this healthy pudding and serve in little bowls with crushed hazelnuts and sea salt. It’s always a winner!
- Paleo Brownies: Slice these fudgy brownies into bite-sized squares. And if you want to get extra fancy, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
If you make any of these delicious Super Bowl recipes, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
40+ Healthy Super Bowl Recipes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 pounds chicken wings, tips removed and drumettes separated (24-26 wings)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Then use a paper towel to remove any moisture from the chicken wings.
- In a large bowl, toss the wings with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet then place a wire rack on top. Spread out the wings on a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until they're crispy.
- As the wings are baking, make the sauce. Add the honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and water to a small pot. Bring it to a boil and reduce the heat to low letting it simmer for 10 minutes until it thickens.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool.
- Remove wings from the oven, toss them in the sauce and place them back in the oven on the baking sheet. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.