Top 10 Recipes of 2016
We’ve quickly come to the end of another year, haven’t we? And it sure has gone by fast, though I’ve been hearing from friends and family alike that they’re happy to say goodbye to 2016 and welcome 2017 with open arms. What about you?
2016 was a great year for Downshiftology with lots of shifts, changes and huge growth. This website has morphed a bit over the last two years from a wellness blog, to wellness + food, to now WAY more food…with a little travel + healthy living (never-ending passions of mine).
In fact, it’s been the food and recipes on this site that helped catapult massive growth this year. Yep, content on Downshiftology was viewed more than 1.2 million times – wow! And I’m honestly humbled and honored that you guys come back day after day to search for new recipes and read my sometimes lengthy (and I’m sure blabbering) posts. Thank you, thank you!
So without further ado, here are the top 10 recipes that YOU have viewed the most this year. And to my subscribers, I’ll be popping you an email next week with all the exciting plans in store for 2017!
1. The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies (paleo, vegan, gluten-free)
2. Spinach and Artichoke Dip (dairy-free, paleo)
3. Za’atar Roasted Cauliflower with Dates, Pine Nuts and Thyme
4. Cranberry Almond Biscotti (gluten-free, paleo)
5. Celery Root Puree with Balsamic Roasted Beets and Pearl Onions
6. Turmeric Milk “Golden Milk” (dairy-free)
7. Ultimate Seed Crackers
8. Chocolate Mug Cake (gluten-free, paleo)
9. Red Wine Hot Chocolate
10. Clean Green Smoothie Bowl
Those were the top 10 most popular recipes posted in 2016. But if you’re interested to know what the *all-time* most popular recipes and posts are (since Downshiftology started at the end of 2014), here you go:
- All-Time Most Popular Recipe: Cassava Flour Tortillas (gluten-free, paleo)
- All-Time Most Popular Post: How to Make and Cook Zucchini Noodles (The Most Popular Methods)
- All-Time Most Popular Video: How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream (my very first video!)
It’ll be interesting to see how the all-time rankings change as this blog and wonderful Downshiftology community grows. Best wishes to all of you for a Happy New Year!
Perfect Top 10 recipe list! Wishing you a very happy new year, Lisa – thank you for all the inspiration this past year, with more to come in 2017! I always look forward to your posts.