10+ Best Mango Recipes
May 13, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
Are you ready for the tastiest mango recipes? From a light and fresh mango ceviche to a chilled mango smoothie, this list proves just how fun and flavorful mangoes can be!
The Delicious Benefits Of Mango
When the summer sunshine hits, there’s nothing more satisfying than creamy, sweet mangoes. Everything they touch is brightened with their tropical vibes. But pure deliciousness aside, there’s so many other reasons to give this fruit some major love.
- It’s jam packed with nutrients. No joke, just one cup of sliced mango boasts 15+ nutrients and vitamins.
- Say hello to glowing skin! Since mangoes are loaded with Vitamin C, that means healthy hair and skin all around. Who doesn’t want that?
- It’s full of antioxidants. Mangoes have about a dozen different types of polyphenols (antioxidant plant compounds) that will protect your cells against free radicals.
- Versatility at its best. Their creamy texture and perfectly sweet flavor makes it an easy add-in to all sorts of recipes beyond a simple smoothie.
Mango Recipes that Make for the Best Small Bites and Appetizers
Fresh (and dried) mango makes for some extra tasty appetizers! Mango salsa is a classic, but give these other easy mango recipes a try.
- Mango Halibut Ceviche: Meaty chunks of halibut tossed with mango, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and creamy avocado makes for one heck of a summer appetizer!
- Easy Mango Date Energy Balls: Turn a pack of dried mangos into these sweet and chewy energy balls! Healthy snack – done.
- Mango Salsa: This bright and chunky dip is great for scooping and spooning on top of baked salmon alike. In other words, extremely versatile.
Tropical Mango Smoothies and Drinks
When it comes to slurpable drinks, anything with the word mango in the title is always a win. But don’t stop at making just a mango smoothie. Blend fresh mango into a chilled margarita or dice it up for a tropical sangria!
- Mango Margarita: Amp up a classic margarita with blended mangoes, orange, and lime juice! Bonus – there’s no added sugar thanks to mango’s natural sweetness.
- Mango Smoothie: Nothing beats this creamy, luscious smoothie for your quick mango fix!
- White Sangria with Mango and Berries: A fruity, summer cocktail doesn’t get any better than this! Just add in some extra strawberries and raspberries for one beautiful sangria recipe.
- Mango, Coconut, and Dragonfruit Smoothie: This vibrant colored smoothie was inspired by my trip to Bali, and I have to say, this flavor combination is off the charts.
Lusciously Sweet Mango Recipes for Dessert
If you always gravitate to mango desserts (as I do), then you’ll love these fun and creative mango sweet treats. And yes – there’s cheesecake involved.
- Coconut Chia Mango Popsicles: Healthy, naturally sweet popsicles? Yes please! Plus, mango and coconut is the ultimate flavor combination.
- Mango Strawberry Popsicles: These fruity, vibrant popsicles are just what you need on a hot summer day.
- Raw Coconut Macadamia Mango Cheesecake: This vegan, coconut-y, mango-y cheesecake has all the tropical vibes.
- Mango Smoothie Bowl: Blend up mangoes into this fruit-filled smoothie bowl! And to make it a little sprinkle on some granola, coconut flakes, chia seeds, and whatever else your heart desires.
If you make any of these mango recipes, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
10+ Best Mango Recipes
- Whisk together the coconut milk, chia seeds, maple and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Then place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, until completely chilled.
- Add the mango to a food processor and pulse several times to make a creamy puree.
- Fill the molds of a popsicle maker by alternating the mango puree and coconut chia mix. Add the popsicle sticks and pop them in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Once firm, remove the popsicles from the mold and enjoy.
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.