This ultra creamy mango smoothie is the best summertime smoothie recipe. It’s made with fresh mango and a handful of ingredients (dairy or dairy-free) for the ultimate thirst quencher.
I’m a massive mango lover. And when it’s mango season I always grab several fresh mangoes at the market to whip up a variety of recipes. But there’s no recipe easier than this mango smoothie. It takes just three minutes to make and it tastes amazing.
Should You Use Fresh Mango or Frozen Mango?
I’m a fan of seasonal eating so if mangoes are in season I’ll use fresh mangoes for this smoothie recipe. You can cube the mango or use a glass to remove the mango from the skin (so easy).
If you use fresh mango then make sure you’re using a frozen banana in the recipe to keep the smoothie nice and thick and cold.
But if fresh mangoes aren’t available or in season, then absolutely use frozen mango. If you use frozen mango, you can use a fresh banana. In other words, just make sure at least the mango or the banana is frozen.
How Many Mangoes to Make One Cup?
An average 12-ounce mango will provide approximately one cup of cubed fruit. If you’re using frozen mango for this recipe, you’ll use two cups of frozen cubed mango.
Can you Make the Mango Smoothie Vegan or Dairy-Free?
Absolutely! You can make this mango smoothie with or without dairy milk. And if you’d like homemade recipe options for some of the ingredients, check out my homemade cashew milk (dairy-free), my homemade yogurt or my homemade coconut yogurt (dairy-free).
You could also use store-bought dairy-free milk (I love Milkadamia) and dairy-free yogurt. Or you could use full fat greek yogurt. It’s entirely up to you.
Once you have all of the ingredients, it’s a simple as tossing everything into a high-powered blender and blending until creamy. Then pour your mango smoothie into a jar, pop in a straw and slurp up this creamy, sweet, delicious smoothie (and try not to get brain freeze). Enjoy!
More Delicious Mango Recipes
- Mango Smoothie Bowl
- Mango Margarita
- Coconut Chia Mango Popsicles
- Mango Strawberry Popsicles
- Raw Coconut Macadamia Mango Cheesecake
My Favorite Fruit Smoothie Recipes
- 2 fresh mangoes or 2 cups of frozen mango
- 1 frozen banana, can use unfrozen if using frozen mango
- 1/2 cup milk, dairy or dairy-free
- 1/2 cup yogurt, dairy or dairy-free
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until creamy.
- If you're using frozen mango and a frozen banana, you may need to use the tamper on your high-powered blender to ensure everything gets blended smoothly. I use my Vitamix A3500.
- I love to pour my smoothies in a mason jar and use either a stainless steel straw or glass straws.
- Check out all of my Vitamix Recipes for more easy blender recipes.