Strawberry Banana Smoothie
An easy, wholesome strawberry banana smoothie made from fresh ingredients. It’s creamy, sweet, healthy and can be made with dairy or dairy-free. It’s the perfect summer smoothie!
One of the best ways to enjoy summer is drinking a cold and refreshing smoothie made from fresh ingredients. I’m definitely a smoothie lover as it’s so easy to toss a bunch of ingredients into my Vitamix and 30 seconds later have an amazing drink.
And with strawberries in abundance in the markets right now, it only makes sense to whip up this classic strawberry banana smoothie recipe. I can get fancy with smoothies and include chia seeds, collagen, hemp seeds and other fun ingredients, but a simple, straightforward smoothie is just as delicious.
So think of this strawberry banana smoothie as your little black dress. It’s a classic. Because what’s not to love about fresh, seasonal strawberries, sweet bananas and creamy yogurt?
My Strawberry Banana Smoothie Tips
- Don’t use all frozen fruit. If you were to use both frozen strawberries and a frozen banana, you’re likely to end up with a super thick texture more similar to my Strawberry Frozen Yogurt recipe. So instead, use fresh strawberries and a frozen banana. If you only have frozen strawberries, let them thaw before using.
- Don’t add any sugar. It’s crazy that some recipes call for a sweetener with a full fruit smoothie. Mother nature has given us plenty of sweetness in the strawberries and banana so there’s no need to add extra sugar.
- Make it with dairy or dairy-free. You can make this strawberry banana smoothie with dairy or dairy-free/vegan. I’ve got recipes for both homemade yogurt and a dairy-free coconut yogurt. You can also use regular milk or my cashew milk or any healthy store-bought dairy-free milk or yogurt options as well.
- Don’t add ice. Using a frozen banana in the recipe keeps the drink cold, but it doesn’t water it down. Adding ice to smoothies makes them watery pretty quickly.
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
It truly is as easy as adding the strawberries, frozen banana, milk and yogurt to your blender and blending until nice and creamy. If you make it as per the recipe below, it should be cold and drinkable but not too thick. The perfect consistency!
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes
- Mango Smoothie
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Chocolate Collagen Smoothie
- Strawberry Acai Smoothie
- Peach Breakfast Smoothie
- Post Workout Green Smoothie
Watch Me Make This Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
While this is an easy recipe, it always helps to watch a quick video. And you can subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more weekly cooking videos!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 banana, quartered and frozen
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until smooth.