Avocado Deviled Eggs
Avocado deviled eggs are an easy, tasty variation of the classic recipe. Just load hard boiled eggs with avocado, red onion, lime juice and cilantro. If two of my best recipes, Guacamole and Deviled Eggs had a baby, this would be it!
Deviled eggs are the perfect healthy appetizer and snack recipe, but sometimes you want to switch things up. And you’ve seen me do this before with eggs and avocado (I love those two together).
I took my classic Egg Salad recipe and made Avocado Egg Salad. And today I’m taking my reader favorite deviled eggs recipe and adding avocado for a guacamole inspired deviled egg. Easy, delicious and a vibrant green.
Avocado Deviled Eggs Ingredients
There’s just a handful of wholesome ingredients in this recipe. Here’s what’s in them:
- Hard Boiled Eggs: boil perfect hard boiled eggs for a firm white and solid yolk.
- Avocado: ripe avocado adds natural creaminess.
- Lime Juice: you could use lemon juice as well, but I prefer lime juice in this recipe.
- Red Onion: I love the bright pop of contrasting color from red onions.
- Cilantro: my favorite herb gives it that guacamole-like flavor.
- Garlic Powder: use garlic powder for a mellow garlic flavor, or minced garlic for a stronger flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: always gotta season with salt and pepper.
These avocado deviled eggs are creamy and mild in flavor (perfect for kids). But you could make them more “deviled” and spicy by adding finely diced jalapeno, sriracha, chili powder or cayenne seasoning. Feel free to tweak to your liking.
Deviled Eggs with No Mayo
If you’re not a fan of mayonnaise, this is the perfect deviled eggs recipe for you. Mayonnaise is replaced by creamy mashed avocado for a healthy fat alternative. It’s easy and delicious.
How Long Will They Last?
Normally you can store deviled eggs for up to two days in a storage container. But because there’s avocado in this recipe, they will oxidize and go brown over time. I recommend making these avocado deviled eggs right before you plan to serve them, just as you would with guacamole. Fresh is best!
Avocado Deviled Eggs Video (1-Minute)
Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in half and scoop out the yellow egg yoke to a mixing bowl. Place the hard boiled egg white halves on a serving platter.
- To the mixing bowl of egg yolks, add the avocado, lime juice, red onion, cilantro, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Use a fork and mash all of the ingredients together until nice and creamy.
- Scoop the mixture with a spoon and dollop it back into the egg white halves. Alternatively, you could use a piping bag to pipe the avocado egg mixture into the egg white halves.
- Garnish with extra red onion and cilantro, then serve and enjoy!
- You can prepare the hard-boiled eggs the day before and place them in the fridge until ready to make.
- While the lime juice will help keep the avocado from browning, they will still oxidize over time so are best enjoyed immediately.