Updated Jul 05, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
This cilantro smoothie is just what you need to cleanse and detoxify. Plus, it tastes delicious with ingredients like spinach, ginger, banana, pineapple, and kiwi. So if you’re a big cilantro lover like I am, consider this the newest addition to your smoothie repertoire.
I know, a cilantro smoothie sounds…interesting. It’s not a typical ingredient you would add, but let me tell you why it’s become a new favorite smoothie recipe. Not only is it a simple blend of some of the best antioxidants and nutrients, but it’s also exceptionally refreshing and surprisingly delicious.
Cilantro Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
This cilantro smoothie proves you can get the most magic from the simplest ingredients. Here’s what you need:
- Herb: Cilantro is the star ingredient in this smoothie! Cilantro is noted for its antifungal, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties, which makes it a natural powerhouse for detoxifying the body. As someone who’s experienced multiple skin issues over the years like psoriasis, eczema, and Grover’s disease, cilantro may offer some benefits.
- Vegetables: Spinach and ginger, along with cilantro, are a powerful blend of ingredients packed with antioxidants and nutrients.
- Fruit: To balance the sharp flavor of the cilantro and lend a sweeter flavor profile, I’m using banana, pineapple, and kiwi. Bonus — kiwi is extremely rich in fiber and immune-boosting nutrients. For me, a kiwi a day keeps the doctor away!
Find the printable recipe with measurements in the recipe card below.
How To Make A Cilantro Smoothie
Toss all the ingredients into your favorite blender and blend away! And if you want to make a few adjustments to this recipe, I’ve got a few tips below.
- Make it less sweet: I used a full banana to combat the bitter, peppery flavor of cilantro. But if you want to make this a low-sugar smoothie, you can just use half a banana.
- Make it a creamy smoothie: It’s best to use water in this recipe to help cleanse the body. But you could turn this into a creamy delight by subbing water with non-dairy milk (that doesn’t have added sugars). I highly suggest making your own for the quality, such as my almond milk, oat milk, or cashew milk recipe!
More Healthy Drinks
It’s always a good idea to include some anti-inflammatory drinks in your routine if you need a little “pick-me-up!”
- Golden Milk: A creamy and spiced turmeric latte that’s healthy, healing, and delicious!
- Turmeric Tea: The perfect addition to your tea routine with turmeric, lemon juice, and honey.
- Ginger Shots: For a quick immune booster, nothing beats these ginger shots.
- Green Juice: A great alternative to a green smoothie.
- Pineapple Turmeric Smoothie: Enjoy tropical flavors with an anti-inflammatory boost!
I hope you enjoy this cilantro smoothie recipe and reap all its benefits! If you make it, I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comment box below.
- Vitamix A3500 This high-powered blender is one of my most used kitchen tools!
- 1 cup water
- ½ bunch cilantro, about ¾ cup lightly packed
- 1 cup (lightly packed) baby spinach
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled or unpeeled (see notes)
- ½-inch piece ginger root, peeled or unpeeled (see notes)
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- If you’d like, you can leave the peel on both the kiwi and ginger. With a high-powered blender, there’s no need to peel, unless you’d like the smoothie ultra-smooth.
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.