Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad
This grilled peach and burrata salad is summertime on a plate. The mix of grilled peaches, creamy burrata, arugula, pine nuts and balsamic is perfection. When it comes to summer salads, this one’s a winner.
I’m holding on to the last glimmer of summer with this grilled peach and burrata salad. Can you believe it – there’s technically only one week of summer left. Of course, it’ll still feel like summer in SoCal for another month or so, but there’s definitely been a change in the weather. Or at least the mood.
You only have have to visit Whole Foods and see their pumpkin displays to know that most (except me) have moved on from the days of beachy hair and sand between our toes. Wait, no more fruity acai bowls on the beach?!
Well, I’m sure I’ll still be enjoying those into fall (a fall according to Cali standards). But while there’s still a bit of sunshine and warmth in the air, I highly recommend you whip up this grilled peach and burrata salad. It’s a super easy, sweet, flavorful and beautiful salad.
If you have an outdoor grill to grill the peaches, all the better for that summertime, smoky flavor. But as I’m currently without an outdoor grill, I just grilled them up in my cast iron grill pan. Coat the peaches with a little butter or ghee and a sprinkle of coconut sugar so they get all caramelized on the outside.
While the peaches are grilling up, make a quick balsamic reduction. Of course, you can skip this step, but I personally love a thick and sweet balsamic syrup.
Then, all that’s left to do is assemble. Add some arugula to a plate along with a couple of peach slices, a dollop or two of burrata and a sprinkle of pine nuts. Drizzle a little olive oil and your reduced balsamic on top and finish it off with a little cracked pepper. Voila.
Surprisingly, you could even make this salad dairy free if you’d like and it’ll still taste fab. Just coat the peaches in olive oil before grilling and instead of using burrata, add a dollop of my vegan cashew ricotta (coming next week).
Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad
This grilled peach and burrata salad is one of my favorite summer salads. The peaches are juicy and fresh and caramelized on the grill. It pairs deliciously with the creamy burrata and spicy arugula.
- 1 ball (8 oz) burrata cheese
- 3 peaches
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- black pepper, to taste
- Heat the grill on medium heat. If using an outdoor grill, slice the peaches in half to prevent falling through the grates. If using an indoor grill pan, you can slice the peaches into quarters.
- Brush the open side of the peaches with butter or ghee and sprinkle with coconut sugar. Then, grill the peach slices for 2-3 minutes on each side, until you have grill marks and the open edge has caramelized.
- While the peaches are grilling, add the balsamic vinegar to a small pot on medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, or until slightly reduced. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- To assemble the salad, add a small handful of arugula to a plate along with a couple of peach slices. Sprinkle some pine nuts and drizzle with olive oil and the reduced balsamic vinegar. Top it off with a little cracked black pepper.
If you’re not a fan of arugula, you could use spinach, frisee, or another salad green.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 295.6
- Total Fat: 19.2g
- Saturated Fat: 8.3g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Sodium: 175.3mg
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Sugar: 20.9g
- Protein: 11.1g
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see!
Tag @downshiftology on Instagram and hashtag it #downshiftology.