Guacamole Stuffed Tomatoes
Guacamole stuffed tomatoes are a fun, bite-sized appetizer bursting with fresh flavors. Just whip up a batch of guacamole and stuff it into cherry tomato halves. It’s as easy as that!
Finger foods and nibbles are a must for holidays, parties, and gatherings. During summer, these guacamole stuffed tomatoes are perfect for a sunny, backyard barbecue. And during Christmas, you can’t beat how adorable, and festive they are (hello, red and green!). Even better? No chips are needed for this batch of guacamole as the tomatoes provide the perfect delivery device. Just pick them up and pop them in your mouth!
This refreshing appetizer strikes the perfect balance of creamy and crisp, it’s naturally low-carb, and it’ll brighten up any serving platter – no matter the season.
Ingredients For Guacamole Stuffed Tomatoes
Very similar ingredients to my classic guacamole recipe. But instead of the tomatoes being in the guac, they’re outside the guac.
- Cherry Tomatoes: Grab a box of large cherry tomatoes (not grape tomatoes, which are too small). Cherry tomatoes are naturally more round, which makes them easier to stuff.
- Avocados: You’ll want your avocados perfectly ripe to make it easier to mash.
- Onions & Garlic: I like to use yellow onions, but red works too.
- Cilantro: It isn’t guacamole without this herb!
- Jalapeño: Adds a slight kick to the guacamole. But if you don’t like a little heat, you can omit this.
- Lime Juice: Always opt for fresh limes, it makes all the difference.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below
How To Make Guacamole Stuffed Tomatoes
With a bit of prep work, this recipe comes together fast!
- Prep the tomatoes. Slice them in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. I find a small 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon is perfect for this.
- Make the guacamole. Mash the avocados, then stir in the onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and salt in a bowl.
- Time to stuff. While you can use a spoon, I find it’s easier to cut the corner off a plastic bag, stuff it with the guacamole, and add tiny mounds into each tomato half.
Can You Store This?
Since guacamole oxidizes and browns easily, it’s best to make these fresh. And while the lime juice helps to slow down the oxidizing, these are best enjoyed soon after stuffing.
More Holiday Appetizers
Enjoy these dips and finger food favorites at your next holiday party, Christmas dinner, or gathering!
- Pomegranate Guacamole
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Smoked Salmon Cheese Ball
- French Onion Dip
If you make this recipe, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
Guacamole Stuffed Tomatoes
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 3 avocados, ripe
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno , seeds removed and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Slice each cherry tomato in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a small spoon.
- In a mixing bowl, add the avocados, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice and salt. Stir everything together until it's combined.
- Make a piping bag by cutting the corners of a ziplock bag and squeeze a small mound of guacamole into each tomato half.
Lisa, I feel like I have just found a gold mine viewing some of your recipes!! I can’t wait to try them!! I have gotten hungry just viewing! Thank you for sharing!!
You are a God sent! Trudy
Excited for you to try my recipes as well Trudy!
Lisa, these are so delicious! We created these from your posting earlier using heirloom tomatoes growing in our garden with cilantro, Serrano peppers which we are also growing. Our lime tree is heavily producing and our limes are so juicy! They are easy to make and are so very delicious!
Nice! I’m glad you enjoyed this recipe Karin :)
What a great appetizer! Not only tasty but also good for you.
Absolutely! A fun way to re-introduce guacamole to guests :)
this not only taste sensational it will be on my table for the holiday season for Christmas Eve the colors are festive and perfect!
You can’t beat the festive colors happening on this plate :)
I love this idea!! Will be making this a lot, for sure!
What a great little party food. Everything is better with guacmole.
I couldn’t agree more! Guacamole is a party staple :)