This watermelon smoothie is exactly what you want on a hot summer day! It’s perfectly creamy, naturally sweet, and the ultimate thirst quencher.
There’s truly nothing more refreshing than chilled watermelon all summer long. I’m a big fan of chopping watermelon up to make my watermelon, cucumber and feta salad, or grilling it for smoky, cilantro lime grilled watermelon. But a cold glass of watermelon agua fresca or this creamy smoothie really hits the spot on a blazing hot day.
Side note, this isn’t just blended watermelon and ice (which is more of a slushy). Instead, this is a luscious smoothie recipe loaded with watermelon, strawberries, vanilla Greek yogurt, and milk (you can use dairy-free also). Sound refreshing and delicious? I think yes!
What’s In This Watermelon Smoothie
Smoothies should be quick and easy, so this recipe calls for just 4 ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Watermelon: I’m using fresh cubed watermelon, which makes this smoothie slurpable. But if you want it EXTRA thick you could freeze the watermelon cubes overnight.
- Strawberries: Frozen is best to keep the smoothie thick and creamy!
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt: I’m using vanilla yogurt for a hint of sweetness and added flavor. But feel free to use any dairy or non-dairy yogurt.
- Milk: Any type of milk will work, but I personally love to use non-dairy milks such as almond milk or cashew milk!
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
Why Watermelon Is So Good For You!
- The ultimate hydration boost! Did you know watermelon is made up of 92% water? With that high percentage of water, plus loads of fiber, it will make you feel fuller longer without consuming tons of calories.
- Can improve digestion. The powerful combination of water and fiber helps to improve bowel movements.
- Loaded with antioxidants. Watermelon is not only high in lycopene (which makes it a great anti-inflammatory fruit), but also beta-carotene, cucurbitacin, and Vitamin C.
How To Make This Watermelon Smoothie
Smoothies are great for getting your daily dose of fruits in an instant. All you need to do is toss everything into a blender and let it work its magic. In under one minute, you’ll have this vibrant, creamy watermelon smoothie!
A Few Tips
- Make it less creamy by removing the yogurt and using a banana instead.
- Make it thicker by adding another cup of frozen strawberries or using frozen watermelon instead.
More Summer Smoothie Recipes
There’s not better time for smoothies than summer. So here’s a few favorites that make the best of in-season fruits!
If you make this watermelon smoothie, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
- 3 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- Add the watermelon, strawberries, yogurt, and milk to a high powered blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, and enjoy!
- You can use a dairy-free Greek yogurt and milk, to make the entire smoothie dairy-free!