Carne Asada Marinade
This carne asada marinade is packed with all the essential Mexican flavors. It’s zesty, spicy, and refreshing from the use of six simple ingredients. Just whisk everything together, marinate the steak for a few hours, and voila. You’ll have one juicy and tasty steak in no time.
If you love Mexican cuisine, carne asada is probably no stranger to you. It’s chopped into bits for tacos, mixed in with french fries, and so much more. But what really makes or break a delicious carne asada is the marinade. Without it, it would just be a boring ol’ flank steak.
Once you taste the flavors in this fresh, authentic carne asada marinade, you’ll be marinating steak on the regular, just to enjoy it.
Carne Asada Marinade Ingredients
Best of all? This marinade is so easy to make. All you need are 6 ingredients that you might already have on hand. But, feel free to tweak this recipe to your liking! You can make it sweeter by adding an orange, or more spicier by adding paprika.
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Cilantro
- Garlic Cloves
- Cumin Powder
- Chili Powder
- Salt And Pepper
How To Make A Carne Asada Marinade
Ready to make your taste buds happy? Here’s how to make and use this marinade:
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place the steak in a glass or ceramic baking tray and pour the marinade on top, ensuring both sides are well coated. Then cover the tray with plastic wrap and marinate for 1-4 hours.
How To Store This Marinade
It’s best to make this marinade right before you plan to use it, for the freshest flavor.
According to foodsafety.gov, you can store marinated meat in the fridge for up to 5 days. But I highly doubt your steak will last that long, as you’ll want to eat it. Just make sure to cover the glass or baking tray while it’s marinating in the refrigerator.
More Mexican Seasonings And Dressings
- For a taco salad, a drizzle of avocado dressing will be the perfect touch.
- If you’re making shrimp tacos or a taco soup, coat your proteins in this rich and flavorful taco seasoning.
- For the perfect chicken fajitas flavor, this homemade fajita seasoning is spot on.
Now that you know how to make the marinade, are you ready to grill a delicious carne asada steak? Head on over to my carne asada recipe for all the details!
Carne Asada Marinade
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk all of the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour the marinade on top of the steak, ensuring both sides of the steak are well coated.
- Cover and marinate for 1-4 hours in the refrigerator, before grilling.