Avocado dressing is deliciously creamy and perfect to drizzle on all your salads, macro bowls and nourish bowls. And it’s so easy to make!
Avocado Salad Dressing
I put avocados on my salads 95% of the time. The healthy fats of the avocados increase the nutrient absorption from all the greens. So it’s great from a nutrition standpoint. But let’s be honest, I also do it because avocados just taste darn good.
But sometimes I’ll be in the mood for an avocado dressing rather than eating slices or chunks of avocado on my salad. And if you’ve got a mini food processor or Vitamix’s 8-oz Containers for your blender, this recipe couldn’t be easier to whip up. And bonus, the avocado dressing magically covers each piece of your salad with a little avocado goodness.
What Ingredients are in Avocado Dressing?
My avocado dressing includes avocados, olive oil, water, cilantro (or other herbs), lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. It’s similar in flavor to guacamole, but is more pourable and can be drizzled on salads, macro bowls or nourish bowls.
How do you Make Avocado Dressing?
To make the avocado dressing add all of the ingredients to a food processor (a small mini processor is best) or to the 8-oz Containers if you have a Vitamix blender. Then, pulse or blend until you have a nice, creamy consistency. That’s it! If you’d like to make your dressing thinner, just add a little more water. Enjoy!
More Avocado Recipes to Enjoy
- Shrimp, Asparagus and Avocado Salad
- Best Ever Guacamole
- Carrot and Zucchini Pasta with Avocado Cucumber Sauce
- Baked Eggs in Avocados
- BLT Salad with Avocado and Sprouts
WATCH THIS QUICK VIDEO OF MY AVOCADO DRESSING RECIPE
And subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly cooking videos!
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water, or more for thinner consistency
- 1/4 cup cilantro, basil or parsley
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or to the 8-oz Vitamix Blending Bowls (as shown in video above). Blend until creamy and feel free to add more water for a thinner consistency.
- Yield: 1 cup
- You can store the avocado salad dressing in a airtight storage container for 3-4 days in the fridge.