Updated Jul 31, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
Avocado dressing is deliciously creamy and perfect to drizzle on all your salads, macro bowls and nourish bowls. I love it on my Southwest Chicken Salad, but it’s really quite versatile. It’s also easy to make!
Avocado Salad Dressing
I put avocados on my salads 95% of the time. The healthy fats of the avocados increase the nutrient absorption from all the greens. So it’s great from a nutrition standpoint. But let’s be honest, I also do it because avocados just taste darn good.
But sometimes I’ll be in the mood for an avocado dressing rather than eating slices or chunks of avocado on my salad. And if you’ve got a mini food processor or Vitamix’s 8-oz Containers for your blender, this recipe couldn’t be easier to whip up. And bonus, the avocado dressing magically covers each piece of your salad with a little avocado goodness.
Avocado Dressing Recipe Video
Want to see how easy it is to make this healthy salad dressing? Watch the quick recipe video below!
What Ingredients are in Avocado Dressing?
My avocado dressing includes avocados, olive oil, water, cilantro (or other herbs), lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. It’s similar in flavor to guacamole, but is more pourable and can be drizzled on salads, macro bowls or nourish bowls.
How do you Make Avocado Dressing?
To make the avocado dressing add all of the ingredients to a food processor (a small mini processor is best) or to the 8-oz Containers if you have a Vitamix blender. Then, pulse or blend until you have a nice, creamy consistency. That’s it! If you’d like to make your dressing thinner, just add a little more water. Enjoy!
More Avocado Recipes to Enjoy
- Shrimp, Asparagus and Avocado Salad
- Best Ever Guacamole
- Carrot and Zucchini Pasta with Avocado Cucumber Sauce
- Baked Eggs in Avocados
- BLT Salad with Avocado and Sprouts
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water, or more for thinner consistency
- 1/4 cup cilantro, basil or parsley leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1-2 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor. Blend until creamy and feel free to add more water for a thinner consistency.
- Yield: approximately 1 cup
- You can store the avocado salad dressing in a airtight storage container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
- Depending on the herbs you used the avocado dressing may have a slightly bitter taste. You can always balance that with 1-2 teaspoons of sweetener.
- Also, if using cilantro make sure to only use the leaves as the stems are what impart that more bitter flavor.
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.