Shrimp, Asparagus and Avocado Salad
This shrimp, asparagus and avocado salad is utterly delicious and perfect for spring – especially when drizzled with the vibrant lemon vinaigrette. With only 8 ingredients it’s super easy to make, looks stunning and always gets devoured!
Spring salads are in full effect my friends. Fresh produce is in abundance in the markets and every time I see avocados it’s impossible to not grab several.
Now, I’ll admit I’m spoiled with avocados year round in Southern California. But if avocados are more of a seasonal item where you live here’s what you do. Grab several, along with spinach, asparagus, spring onions, a few other ingredients and wild shrimp. Then, whip up this shrimp, asparagus and avocado salad! It’s simple, light, creamy, healthy and oh, so tasty.
Only 8 Ingredients in this Shrimp, Asparagus and Avocado Salad
The bulk of this salad is made up of baby spinach, asparagus and shrimp. Baby spinach is something I always have in my kitchen and it’s easy to toss a few handfuls into a bowl for a quick and effortless salad.
The asparagus and shrimp also come together quickly because they cook fast. And when I say they cook fast, I mean it – only 2 to 3 minutes on the stove top. Then, just place them in a cold water bath to cool down.
After that, all that’s left to do is chop up some green onions and parsley and add that to the bowl, then slice up several of those ripe avocados. When it comes to avocados (let’s be honest, I’m a connoisseur) I have several tips for purchasing ripe avocados and storing avocados so they don’t go brown. Make sure to watch my guacamole video for all the tips.
Lastly, sprinkle your salad with a little salt and pepper, give it a gentle toss and drizzle with an easy homemade lemon vinaigrette. And there you have it! A power packed salad that’s a great balance of nutrients, protein and healthy fats – and it has that vibrant, spring zing.
Watch me Make This Shrimp Asparagus and Avocado Salad in My Spring Meal Prep video:
And subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly cooking videos!
For More Avocado Salad Recipes:
- BLT Salad with Avocado and Sprouts
- Orange, Fennel and Avocado Salad
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Smoked Salmon, Avocado and Arugula Salad
- Carrot and Zucchini Pasta with Avocado Cucumber Sauce
- Avocado Dressing (so easy!)
Shrimp, Asparagus and Avocado Salad
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 20 spears asparagus, (1 bunch)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 recipe lemon vinaigrette
- Bring both a medium pot of water and a medium sauté pan of water and to a boil. Add the shrimp to the pot and the asparagus to the sauté pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Use a skimmer or tongs to transfer the shrimp and asparagus to an ice water bath. Drain and then slice the asparagus into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add the shrimp, sliced asparagus, baby spinach, avocado and green onion to a salad bowl. Add the dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss it all together.
- I always get asked about the salad bowl seen in these photos. It's one of my favorites and it's this one from Crate and Barrel.
- If you have any leftover shrimp after making this recipe, make sure to check out all these delicious shrimp recipes for more inspiration.
- I included this recipe as part of my Spring Meal Prep. Make sure to check out that post for more healthy meal prep ideas. And good news, I'm making those videos seasonally now!
- To make this salad Whole30 compliant, leave the honey out of the dressing recipe.