Carrot and Zucchini Pasta with Avocado Cucumber Sauce
Posted by Lisa on October 22, 2014 / 0 Comments
This carrot and zucchini pasta with avocado cucumber sauce recipe was inspired by my recent trip to Portland – and I knew I had to recreate it!
This carrot and zucchini pasta recipe one of my favorite zucchini noodle or “zoodle” salads. I had a similar salad several months back when I was at a conference in Portland and fell in love with the flavors. I swore then that I would develop a recipe for it. Done and done!
If you think about it, it really is a veggie explosion. Zucchini, carrots, avocado, cucumber, and garlic – oh, yeah. Add a little lemon and some chopped cashews on top for crunch and…wowzers! It’s seriously so simple but bursting with flavor. And probably the healthiest thing you’ll eat all week. In fact, you may not even realize the whole thing is raw.
If you don’t have a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles, you MUST buy one today!
When it comes to making zucchini noodles, you can peel the zucchini or leave as is. I choose not to peel. I like the darker color mixed in as well as the extra vitamins/nutrients from the skin. But it’s personal preference.
The carrots are also a snap with a peeler. If you want wider carrot “pasta,” just keep peeling the carrot from the same spot. Or you can rotate your carrot as you’re peeling for medium width “pasta.”
I also recommend a generous handful of cashews on top. The second time I made this carrot and zucchini pasta recipe, I had way more than what you see in the photos. The crunch mixes so well with the creaminess.
- 4 zucchini
- 4 carrots, peeled
- ½ cup cashews, chopped
- 1 avocado,peeled and pitted
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop off the ends of the zucchini and make noodles with a spiralizer. Place these in a large bowl. To make the noodles easier to eat, I recommend cutting the long noodles with kitchen scissors.
- Peel your carrots to make long, thin noodles and place in the bowl.
- Place the avocado, cucumber, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor. Process until creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sauce to the bowl of noodles and stir until well combined.
- Plate each serving of noodles and top with a generous amount of chopped cashews.
Other recipes you might like: