Zucchini Pasta with Lemon Garlic Shrimp (gluten-free)
Posted by Lisa on October 23, 2014 / 1 Comment
This zucchini pasta with lemon garlic shrimp is a gluten-free version of shrimp scampi and linguini, using my favorite zucchini noodles.
I’m still working my way through all the fresh seafood that my mom caught while she was in Alaska. Rough life, I know! To hear more of the backstory, check out my Baked Halibut with Herbed Mayonnaise recipe.
In addition to halibut and salmon…my mom caught a ton of fresh shrimp. I’m talking dozens of large Ziploc bags worth.
So I decided to update one of my favorite old pasta recipes – shrimp scampi and linguini. How do I do that? Substitute zucchini noodles – “zoodles” – for the linguine and sauté the shrimp with a little olive oil, garlic, lemon, white wine and parsley. The end result is a delicious, gluten-free, zucchini pasta with lemon garlic shrimp recipe that totally satisfies all your shrimp scampi and linguini desires.
And don’t forget to check out my post on making and cooking zucchini noodles!
- Wash and cut the ends off each zucchini. Using a spiral slicer, make zucchini noodles. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in one flat layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes without stirring. You want the side to get a little crispy.
- Add the garlic, then stir the shrimp for another minute, trying to get them all cooked on the other side. Once the shrimp are cooked, use a large spoon to remove them the from the pan. Set aside on a plate.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and white wine to the pan. Bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes while stirring.
- Add the zucchini noodles and parsley to the pan. Stir for 30 seconds to heat and combine. Add the shrimp and stir for another minute. Note - you do not want to "cook" the boodles, just heat. They'll become limp and mushy very quickly.
- Serve immediately.
Other recipes you might like: