Mandarin Chicken Salad
This mandarin chicken salad is super flavorful as the chicken is marinated in a lemon vinaigrette. Spinach, avocados and mandarin slices complete the salad.
The other night I made a simple lemon vinaigrette for another salad. But oops, I accidentally made too much and had heaps left over. So I decided to use that vinaigrette as a marinade for some chicken breasts. Then I threw those chicken breast on the barbie!
Who knew the lemony-garlic flavor of the vinaigrette would be so scrumptious on the chicken? I sure didn’t, but I loved it! And it paired perfectly with the other ingredients I had on hand to make this mandarin chicken salad.
Needless to say, I’m definitely going to make that vinaigrette/chicken marinade again. Sometimes an oops in one area ends up being a gem in another.
Ooh, that sounds like a good life lesson.
Salads and life lessons….a perfect pair.
Mandarin Chicken Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 5 cups spinach
- 4 mandarins, peeled and separated
- 1 avocado, ripe and diced
- 1 recipe lemon vinaigrette
- Mix the vinaigrette ingredients together and pour 3/4 of it into a container, along with the chicken to marinate. Ideally, you should marinate the chicken overnight but a few hours is fine as well.
- Heat a barbecue or grill pan to medium hot. Cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side, then remove and set aside.
- Separate the spinach between two plates. Top with the mandarin slices and avocado.
- Slice the chicken and place one breast on top of each salad.
- Drizzle the remainder of the vinaigrette over the salads.
Other recipes you might like: