40+ Easy & Healthy Salad Recipes
These easy and healthy salad recipes make the best of fresh seasonal produce. They’re filled with bright flavors and a variety of delicious textures. Whether you’re looking for a snappy lunch salad or a large dinner party salad, this list has something for everyone.
Easy & Healthy Salad Recipes to Enjoy Year Round
The term salad doesn’t just mean a bowl of lettuce with a vinaigrette. Instead, think of it as a meal that has multiple layers of flavor and texture.
Start with a vegetable base, mix in seasonal ingredients, add filling protein, some healthy fats, and drizzle a tasty sauce. But it doesn’t stop there. You can sprinkle in herbs, nuts, seeds, and so much more. Salads can be a beautiful blank canvas for you to get creative with the best of seasonal produce. Now let’s dive in.
Spring & Summer Salad Recipes
This time of year is all about bright and fresh flavors. From cherry tomatoes to light leafy greens, you’ve got tons of produce to work with. And the best part is that you don’t really need to prep a lot of meat for these salads. The veggies and dressings speak for itself.
- Greek Salad
- Caprese Salad
- Cobb Salad
- Shrimp, Asparagus, and Avocado Salad
- Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh
- BLT Salad With Avocado and Sprouts
- Eggplant Salad With Tomatoes and Arugula
Salmon Salad Recipes
For all my salmon lovers, this one’s for you. A piece of baked, smoked or pan seared salmon does wonders in a salad. Not only is salmon a healthy source of protein, it makes for a deliciously filling and flavorful salad.
- Smoked Salmon, Avocado, and Arugula Salad
- Salmon, Asparagus Salad With Blistered Tomatoes
- Salmon Avocado Salad
Fruit salads are a no brainer since they’re loved by all year round. Just choose what’s in season, whether that’s fresh berries, diced citrusy fruits, or grilled peaches and pineapple. Whatever combination you choose, fresh fruit will give your salad the perfect touch of sweetness.
- Berry Spinach Salad
- Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad
- Citrus Shrimp Ceviche
- Crispy Socca With Pear and Arugula Salad
- Melon Mozzarella Salad With Basil
- Watermelon, Cucumber, and Feta Salad
- Watermelon, Radish, and Cucumber Salad
- Orange, Fennel, and Avocado Salad
- Red Fruit Salad With Honeyed Yogurt
- Stone Fruit Salad With Vanilla Honey Syrup
Fall & Winter Salad Recipes
While Fall and Winter are all about comfort foods, it doesn’t mean that salads are out of the picture. Now’s the time to incorporate some of your favorite fall flavors into your salads. Think roasted veggies, winter fruits, and warm and tender meat.
- Broccoli Salad
- Wild Rice and Arugula Salad
- Pulled Pork, Cabbage, and Arugula Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad With Cranberries and Apple
- Kale Salad With Apples and Chicken
- Roasted Butternut Squash, Romaine, and Goat Cheese Salad
- Persimmon Caprese Salad
- Mandarin Chicken Salad
- Roasted Delicata Squash,Pear, and Pomegranate Salad
- Roasted Beet and Blood Orange Mandarin Salad
- Fig, Golden Beet, and Prosciutto Salad
- Roasted Beet and Kale Salad
- Warm Cauliflower and Prosciutto Salad With Chevre
- Spaghetti Squash With Broccolini And Truffle Oil
Spiralized Salad Recipes
These salads are the perfect choice if you’re not really feeling like lettuce or leafy greens, but still want vegetables. Spiralized vegetables are great for meal prepping and can be used for just about any season. Choose zucchini noodles during the summer or sweet potatoes during the fall.
- Zucchini Noodle Caprese
- Warm Sweet Potato Noodles, Cabbage, and Lentil Salad
- Carrot and Zucchini Pasta With Avocado Cucumber Sauce
- Mexican Chicken Zucchini Noodles
Easy Side Salad Recipes
If you’re looking for an easy side salad, the below options are your friends. They’ll complement just about any meal and offer crisp and fresh flavors. Not to mention, most of these only require 10 minutes to make.
Make Ahead Creamy Salads
Welcome to this array of classic, creamy salads. They’re easy to make and can be used in a variety of ways. Eat it out of the bowl, toss it in a wrap, or make a sandwich it. But the best part is that they can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for a few days.
40+ Easy & Healthy Salad Recipes: Smoked Salmon, Avocado and Arugula Salad
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup microgreens
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, torn into pieces
- 1 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 pear, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- Champagne Vinaigrette
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and drizzle with the Champagne Vinaigrette. Gently toss together and serve immediately.
- I make this salad as part of my Summer Meal Prep video series. Make sure to watch that for more delicious recipes!