10+ Best Shrimp Recipes
I’ve rounded up the best shrimp recipes that will make you fall more in love with this easy, versatile ingredient! You’ll find endless inspiration for busy weeknights, summer barbecues, healthy lunches, and your next dinner party.
4 Reasons To Love Shrimp Recipes
What’s there not to love about shrimp? It’s healthy, works wonders in a variety of recipes (grilled, creamy, sautéed, you name it!), and it’s pretty much the definition of quick and easy cooking. Here’s why shrimp recipes are simply the best.
- So darn easy to cook. No matter how you’re cooking it, it literally takes only a couple of minutes to cook up a batch of shrimp. Aka – it’s your weeknight savior!
- Takes on a variety of flavors. Just like chicken or beef, shrimp absorbs flavor extremely well. You can cook it in a rich sauce, season it however you like, or marinate it.
- Best freezer ingredient. Shrimp will keep for months in your freezer, which means you can always have it on the ready.
- Rich in nutrients. Not only is shrimp low in calories, but it’s a nutritional powerhouse!
And if you’re stuck on how to shop for shrimp, just make sure to always take quality and source into consideration. Fresh catches of the day are ideal, but can be expensive and not as convenient. So grab a bag of frozen shrimp from the freezer aisle! It’s frozen as soon as it’s caught, which preserves its fresh flavor.
It’s All About Easy and Healthy Shrimp Recipes
It’s time to put shrimp front and center with the most delicious lunch and dinner ideas! These shrimp recipes show you how to grill and sauté our favorite crustacean with the best seasonings, and how to properly marinate them in zesty, garlicky goodness.
When it’s summertime and you’re in the backyard grilling, you’ve got to throw a few shrimp on the barbie! This recipe takes less than 10 minutes after the shrimp have marinated in the most delicious garlic herb mixture.
This easy, 20-minute dinner packs a ton of flavor, all thanks to this sweet n’ savory, sticky glaze. Then serve it over rice with freshly sliced green onions for one delicious meal.
The best way to welcome spring with open arms is to add spring rolls to the menu! This light version is loaded with leafy greens, asparagus, carrots, cucumber, red cabbage, sprouts, and shrimp. Oh, and one tasty homemade almond butter dipping sauce.
On your next fajita night switch up chicken fajitas for shrimp fajitas! All it takes is some homemade fajita seasoning, bell peppers, onions, and fresh lime juice to make this sizzling skillet happen.
Enjoy your favorite shrimp scampi with fresh zucchini noodles! It’s got all the flavors you love wrapped up in an easy, gluten-free, low-carb, super healthy shrimp recipe.
For a meal that’s out-of-this-world amazing (and a reader favorite), you’ve got to try this creamy chipotle shrimp. Jumbo shrimp are cooked in a spicy and creamy chipotle sauce, then topped with fresh herbs and peppers. Serve this up with rice and sautéed veggies for a deliciously hearty meal.
This shrimp salad is always a Springtime favorite! Give shrimp a quick toss with asparagus, avocado slices, and a drizzle of my homemade lemon vinaigrette. It’s fresh, easy, and looks extra stunning served on the table.
When you’re in need of a zippy dish, you can’t beat sautéed shrimp. Whip up these juicy, garlicky shrimps in less than 10 minutes. Plus, you can top them on just about any meal.
I’m adding a citrus flair to a Mexican-inspired favorite: ceviche! This one’s filled with orange and grapefruit chunks, cucumbers, red onion, jalapeno, and of course, cilantro.
When it’s sweltering hot outside, a cooling bowl of gazpacho is always welcome. It’s a smooth blend of cucumber, melon, and loads of herbs. Then topped with fresh, ginger shrimp for a spiced touch.
Amp up your cauliflower rice with this Asian-inspired, tantalizing bowl of goodness. All you need is to toss ginger shrimp, avocados, fresh herbs, and cauliflower rice with a simple sesame-soy sauce.
If you make any of these shrimp recipes, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
10+ Best Shrimp Recipes
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 20 spears asparagus, (1 bunch)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ recipe lemon vinaigrette
- Bring both a medium pot of water and a medium sauté pan of water and to a boil. Add the shrimp to the pot and the asparagus to the sauté pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Use a skimmer or tongs to transfer the shrimp and asparagus to an ice water bath. Drain and then slice the asparagus into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add the shrimp, sliced asparagus, baby spinach, avocado and green onion to a salad bowl. Add the dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss it all together.