15 Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes You’ll Love
These sweet potato recipes might just convince you that these spuds are the best vegetable ever. Sweet potato is so darn versatile and can be used in numerous recipes (hello… breakfast, lunch, dinner, soup, salad and appetizer) for endless savory combinations. Trust me, these recipes sure won’t disappoint.
If you haven’t hopped on the sweet potato bandwagon yet, let me tell you why you should. First of all, sweet potatoes have a delicate, natural sweetness and insanely creamy texture when cooked. A combination that makes it one of the most versatile vegetables to use in the kitchen.
But the best part is that even though you blend, mash, roast, or bake it. It’s delicious sweet n’ savory flavor just gets better and better in any form.
Beyond their delicious flavor and tenderness, these spuds are one of the biggest nutritional powerhouses you’ll find in your produce section. They hold a variety of health benefits and are great sources of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. For me, this makes incorporating them into my daily meals a worthy goal.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Recipes
I don’t know about you, but sweet potato for breakfast always sounds like a good idea. Especially when you make it with some freshly cooked eggs. But if you haven’t yet mixed this into your breakfast meals, below are a few fun ways to kick the flavor up a notch.
- Skillet Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash (Part of my Fall Meal Prep)
- Spiralized Sweet Potato Egg Nests
- Sweet Potato Toast with Avocado, Cucumber, Smoked Salmon, and Poached Egg
- Sweet Potato Toast with Avocado, Spinach, Prosciutto, and Poached Egg
- Crispy Sweet Potato Hash Browns
Main Course Sweet Potato Recipes
When sweet potatoes are used in the main course, you know you’ll have a filling, hearty meal. However, these recipes aren’t your average way of serving them. I’m going to show you how to mix sweet potato into a lentil salad, stuff it with shredded chicken, or completely transform it into gnocchi. Are you up for the challenge?
- Sweet Potato Soup
- Warm Sweet Potato Noodles, Cabbage, and Lentil Salad (Part of my Winter Meal Prep)
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi
Sweet Potato Side Dish or Appetizer Recipes
When you find yourself with tons of sweet potatoes on hand, whipping up a large sweet potato side dish or appetizer is a great way to use it up. These side dishes are simple to make and don’t require much alteration to the original spud. Simply dice it up to roast on a sheet tray, slice them into wedges to bake it, or spiralize it into curly fries. Either way, you just need a little bit of seasoning on each and you’re done!
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- The Perfect Baked Sweet Potato
- Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole (a delicious side dish for Thanksgiving!)
- Prosciutto Wrapped Sweet Potatoes
- Creamy Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Curly Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Aioli
If you have a favorite sweet potato recipe that you’ve tried, let me know in a comment below!
15 Sweet Potato Recipes: How to Bake Sweet Potatoes Perfectly
- 4 sweet potatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- butter, optional
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Poke 4-5 holes in each sweet potato with a fork or sharp knife.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for approximately 60 minutes, or until soft. Then top with butter or ghee and sprinkle with salt and pepper.