Jun 20, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
My favorite 3-ingredient banana smoothie! All you need are frozen bananas, the milk of your choice, and Greek yogurt. Then, just blend them together for an easy and refreshing way to enjoy this naturally sweet fruit (ps – frozen bananas make the smoothie extra chilled and replenishing on hot days).
Smoothies have always been the gateway to using leftover fruits and veggies in my fridge. And while I love a classic strawberry banana smoothie when I have bananas on hand, I think they also deserve the spotlight for their own smoothie recipe.
This no-fuss banana smoothie does just that and is the perfect drink to enjoy when you’re craving a thick and creamy smoothie. It’ll cool you down in a jiffy on a hot summer day and is practically a breakfast recipe in itself with the combination of fruit and yogurt. Plus, it’s hard to beat a simple 3-ingredient smoothie!
Banana Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
This smoothie is straightforward and simple. But there’s plenty of room for an additional protein boost (I’ve added a few suggestions in the recipe notes down below!).
- Frozen bananas: While you can use fresh bananas for this smoothie, it’ll be thicker, creamier, and more chilled with frozen sliced bananas. For guidance, I’ve got a whole post about how to freeze bananas.
- Milk: You can use any milk of your choice. I typically like to use nut milk such as oat milk, cashew milk, or almond milk — all of which are easy to make right at home!
- Greek Yogurt: I love to use Greek yogurt for smoothies since it has a much thicker texture with an added protein boost. But you could also use vanilla-flavored yogurt for added sweetness.
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How To Make A Banana Smoothie
Toss all of the ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until it’s smooth and creamy. And if you have a tamper, use that (if needed) to push down the frozen banana to make sure you get all the bits and pieces blended.
More Easy Smoothie Recipes
- Mango Smoothie: The perfect drink when it’s mango season!
- Blueberry Smoothie: A delicious blueberry antioxidant boost.
- Pineapple Turmeric Smoothie: An easy and tasty way to get more turmeric into your diet.
- Green Smoothie: My favorite green drink to kickstart my mornings!
- Watermelon Smoothie: Give watermelons a creamy twist with this refreshing drink.
Keep this smoothie recipe on hand when you’ve got leftover bananas! Give it a try and let me know how you liked it in the comment box below.
Easy Banana Smoothie
- Vitamix A3500 My favorite blender for smoothies and so many more recipes!
- 2 frozen bananas (sliced in half before freezing)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- Blend. Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- For an optional protein boost you could add: almond butter, peanut butter, flaxseed, or chia seeds.
- I like to use vanilla Greek yogurt, but you could also add a splash of vanilla extract if using plain Greek yogurt.
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.