Updated Apr 12, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
BLT Guacamole is one tasty appetizer filled with flavor and chunky texture. Crispy bacon bits, fresh grape tomatoes, chopped lettuce and green onion are mixed into a bed of creamy avocado. Bring this to your next gathering and I guarantee it will be a crowd-favorite!
What Is A BLT?
For those who have heard of the word BLT, you’re probably thinking of a classic American sandwich. Which is correct! It’s a sandwich originated in the 1900’s that highlights its main ingredients: bacon, lettuce, and tomato. Amongst these layers also lies a spread of mayonnaise, all sandwiched in between thick toasted bread.
Nowadays, the BLT has been taken apart and used in so many creative recipes – have you tried my BLT salad or these guacamole bacon burger bites? But today, I’m throwing these three delicious ingredients into my best ever guacamole recipe for a new twist on a classic dip. And you’re gonna love it!
BLT Guacamole Ingredients
Using half of the ingredients from my original guacamole recipe, you’ll just need to add the bacon, lettuce and tomato. Here’s the breakdown.
- Avocado – 3 ripe avocados
- Romain Lettuce – 1 cup roughly chopped
- Grape Tomatoes – about 10 tomatoes
- Bacon – 4 pieces of oven baked bacon or pan fried
- Green Onion – one onion thinly sliced
- Cilantro – 2 tablespoons chopped
- Garlic – 1 clove minced
- Lime – 1 lime juiced
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
How To Make BLT Guacamole
After you’ve prepped all your ingredients, just stir them together in a large bowl and serve!
- Cook the bacon. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the strips of bacon on a sheet tray for about 15 minutes, until crispy. Then remove and place the strips on a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
- Mash the avocado. First remove the pits and skin from the avocados and mash them in a large mixing bowl with a fork. You can mash it until it’s creamy or keep it more chunky.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Mix everything together in the bowl then serve with tortilla chips or veggie sticks.
More Easy Avocado Recipes
If you’ve got some leftover avocados that are about to go bad, here’s a few of my favorite recipes to whip up!
- Pomegranate Guacamole
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Avocado Deviled Eggs
- Tuna Stuffed Avocados
- Pico De Gallo Stuffed Avocados
- Baked Eggs In Avocado
- 3 avocados, ripe
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 10 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 4 pieces bacon
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, then place the bacon side-by-side on the tray and cook for 15-18 minutes or until it's reached your desired level of crispiness.
- Remove the tray from the oven and transfer the bacon with tongs to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool.
- Slice the avocados in half, remove the pit and use a large spoon to scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork and make it as chunky or smooth as you’d like.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir together.
- For tips on how to store leftover guacamole, be sure to check out my original guacamole recipe.
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.